Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tricosane

Old June 6th, 2015, 08:48 AM
A construct rider (alchemist archetype from cohorts and companions) built in Hero Lab gets to choose from the following when creating stats for his companion:
Boar, Camel, Dog, Horse, Pony, Wolf
I'm interested in this line in the archetype description: The GM may approve other animals as mounts.

How do we do this in Hero Lab? I've tried the option at:
Character>Configure Hero>House Rules>Don't Restrict Companion Race
But the list of available "races" for the construct mount's stats doesn't change.

Any suggestions?
Tricosane is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 6th, 2015, 01:28 PM
You'd need to use the editor to expand the allowed companions. Probably the easiest would be to copy and replace the race you wanted to allow, and give them the CompList tag which matches the construct rider archetype.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Laurens

Old February 13th, 2018, 10:13 AM
I also have this problem, besides the fact that i am not able to get a bear. (I will figure that out in the editor, thanks)

It seems that HeroLab dosen't register that i have a animal companion for the purpose of feats and stuff. It might be due to pathfinder rules, but it think that is a fault and the archtype should allow me to qualify for feats.
Laurens is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old February 15th, 2018, 07:45 AM
I think the reason it doesn't count as an animal companion is because it is a construct. I don't know the specifics of the archtype but in general to qualify for feats, the companion has to be living, otherwise how does it learn? Heuristic Processor? I think that might be beyond the scope of the game world. I doubt it would be available if the companion was undead either.

<tosses 2 coppers on the bar and sits back down>
ErinRigh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 15th, 2018, 11:28 PM
I go with Erin on this. From the text of the archetype - you are crafting a mount, not an animal companion. "This construct mount acts in most ways as a druid animal companion, using the character’s alchemist level as his effective druid level. A construct mount is a construct, but uses the appropriate animal companion’s statistics..."
It's LIKE an animal companion, but there's nothing to say it qualifies as one for anything.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #5 Reply With Quote