Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Enforcer84

Old March 12th, 2016, 12:54 AM
So, I'm throwing down on some custom deities and they're divided into multiple pantheons

I copied a {bmp npcclass} Pantheon name here {bmp npcclass} entry, added my source, my deity category, and made it unique...

<thing id="deiWPClan" name="{bmp npcclass} The First Clan {bmp npcclass}" compset="Deity" uniqueness="unique" isshowonly="yes">
<usesource source="WelcomePty"/>
<tag group="explicit" tag="18"/>
<tag group="DeityCat" tag="TheFirst" name="The First Clan"/>
</thing>

And then I made another

<thing id="deiWPDivCt" name="{bmp npcclass} Divine Court {bmp npcclass}" compset="Deity" uniqueness="unique" isshowonly="yes">
<usesource source="WelcomePty"/>
<tag group="explicit" tag="17"/>
<tag group="DeityCat" tag="DivineCour" name="Divine Court"/>
</thing>

They're identical to the other Deity categories made in the community files and nearly identical to the SRD deities...(having only the explicit tag added)

But all my deities are lumped together in The First Clan and the Divine Court entry doesn't even show up. Is there something I'm missing?
Enforcer84 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
panda

Old March 12th, 2016, 02:34 AM
Be sure they are in the correct deity category and deity category order group (explicit)
Have you any deities in Divine Court ? It won't show if there is no deities in it.
Be sure also to select the source WelcomePty.
Also try restart Herolab if thing got messed up, Test now add but never remove and don't always update correctly. I had the same problems as you when I created the community pantheons
panda is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dirtydeedz

Old October 19th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda View Post
It won't show if there is no deities in it.
Is there absolutely no way?
I want to add separators as follows:
-Campaign Deities- (Empty)
-Deites by Race- (Empty for Human)
-Deites by Ethnicity- (Full for most Ethnicities)

Code:
HTML Code:
<!-- Doesn't show up - IS EMPTY-Greyhawk Deity Header -->
 <thing id="deiS2Greyh" name="{bmp npcclass} -Greyhawk Deities- {bmp npcclass}" compset="Deity" uniqueness="unique" isshowonly="yes" description="The GREYHAWK blah, blah.">
    <usesource source="srcHiMiDei"/>
    <tag group="DeityCat" tag="S2Greyhwk"/>
    <tag group="explicit" tag="5"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="CoreCampOK"/>
    <tag group="ProductId" tag="HLCommunit"/>
 </thing>
<!-- Doesn't show up - IS EMPTY -Human Deities- -->
 <thing id="deiGHdcHmn" name="{bmp npcclass}- Human Deities -{bmp npcclass}" compset="Deity" uniqueness="unique" isshowonly="yes">
    <usesource source="srcHiMiDei" parent="pGreyhwk" name="The High &amp; Mighty-Deities"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="NoPathSoc"/>
    <tag group="explicit" tag="11"/>
 </thing>
<!-- This shows up because it is full -->
  <thing id="deiGHdcbak" name="- Baklunish Deities -" compset="Deity" uniqueness="unique" isshowonly="yes">
    <usesource source="srcHiMiDei"/>
    <tag group="explicit" tag="12"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="NoPathSoc"/>
    </thing>

Last edited by Dirtydeedz; October 19th, 2017 at 12:08 PM.
Dirtydeedz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 12th, 2016, 06:57 AM
If you're putting them in existing deity categories, why add an explicit tag, if the other deities in those categories don't use explicit tags?
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
panda

Old March 12th, 2016, 08:50 AM
Explicit is the order, need to be there or they will be mixed at unknown place. Your deities must be in the same "explicit" as your category
panda is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old March 12th, 2016, 02:21 PM
yeah the deities are in the right group...oh Hadn't put the deities themselves in explicit.
Enforcer84 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old March 12th, 2016, 02:24 PM
That seems to have done it!

Thanks Panda and Mathias!
Enforcer84 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
malaryal

Old June 3rd, 2017, 08:07 PM
I'm actually having a similar problem.

I've created a custom pantheon and related deities (doing the same thing Enforcer84 did but with my own names). And no matter which deity category order group (explicit) I give the deities and pantheon group title, the custom deities are placed with the Goblin Pantheon and the Goblin Pantheon is renamed to "Eberron Pantheon" (my custom pantheon).

I tried restarting HL as panda recommended, but that doesn't fix the problem. Any suggetions?
malaryal is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
JPChapleau

Send a message via ICQ to JPChapleau Send a message via AIM to JPChapleau Send a message via MSN to JPChapleau Send a message via Yahoo to JPChapleau Send a message via Skype™ to JPChapleau

Old October 10th, 2017, 09:09 PM
I am having exactly the same issue.

I created a new Pantheon and my deities appear mingled with one of the pantheon in the system.

+--------------------------------------------------+
JP Chapleau http://chapleau.us
"And the childhood belief, Brings a moments relief,
But my cynic soon returns, And the lifeboat burns."
"In the cage", Genesis
+--------------------------------------------------+

Last edited by JPChapleau; October 10th, 2017 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Incomplete info
JPChapleau is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old October 11th, 2017, 08:49 AM
I can replicate the issue pretty easily. It seems that there are several of the community file deities and portfolios that don't have the explicit # set, which causes them to bounce around.

Take for example: Bargrivyek and Maglubiyet, both are goblinoid gods, but for some reason they show up in my Aztec portfolio. I looked into the community files and the two gods don't have an explicit tag associated and have the tags for both the goblin portfolio and the forgotten realms portfolio.

I had to track down the Aztec portfolio (which appears in COM_5ePack_EN5 - 64 - Priests Misfortune.user) - and it doesn't have an explicit tag associated with it, so the two goblinoids show up in the category that has no explicit tag - and is highest in the list alphabetically.

So, it appears that you'll get some issues until we make sure the community files get repaired, which may take some time.
dungeonguru is offline   #10 Reply With Quote