Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jkthomsen9

Old June 8th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Not sure how i missed the boat on the kickstarter project but i did. I just found it this week while checking out the schedule for paizocon. since then the program has been consistently surprising me.
I am currently running a group through the Jade Regent campaign. I am curious if there is a website for sharing content up yet? I have entered most of "Night of Frozen Shadows" as well as portions of Innersea guide, Varisia and Land of the Linnorm Kings.
My concern is with standardization of content input methods. In the beginning of hero lab there were many of us that were entering user content and sharing on the forums only to have major errors occur as the data was in conflict with other users.
So finally to my question. Is anyone leading the charge for entering the HUGE amount of data in the pathfinder world, and do they need help entering data?
jkthomsen9 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 8th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Sharing content is the main purpose of their cloud service, which isn't available yet. Without that you can't share data at all. (You can replace your entire database with someone else's, but you can't merge them together or sync changes to your database.)

Things specific to the game world or come from the modules/APs aren't freely sharable; they fall outside the OGL. Paizo would have to decide to license Realm Works translations of their products, whether for sale or free. LWD is doing Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition in Realm Works as an example of what can be done.

Last edited by Parody; June 8th, 2014 at 06:25 PM.
Parody is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old June 8th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Ah. That makes sense. Is there a way to get a copy of the rise of the runelords? It would be great to see how they are entering the data, as I have that adventure path. Examples would be very helpful.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 8th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Not yet. It's something we'll have to buy when it comes out.

Poke through the threads, though; people do post about how they're doing various things. There's also some groups on the social networks. (Hopefully others can provide links. :)

Parody is online now   #4 Reply With Quote