Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Arjon Smithson

Old September 21st, 2018, 01:44 AM
A recent death of a hard-drive has left me feeling a little frustrated. I always back up my portfolios on a pretty regular basis, but hadn't been backing up my custom items, spells etc. I have the details, but have to go through the Editor to input them all again.

So I never get caught again, what is the best group of files to back up so I capture everything, and is there an easy way to do so, say to google drive?
Arjon Smithson is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Arjon Smithson

Old September 21st, 2018, 01:45 AM
Oops, meant to say I'm just a pathfinder user.
Arjon Smithson is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 21st, 2018, 07:33 AM
In Hero Lab, from the Tools menu, choose Explore Folders and then Game System Data Folder. That will take you to the folder where your custom content is stored. All of the files will have the .user extension. The files must be in that specific folder to be used, and can't even be in a sub-folder, so I'm not sure what can be done with keeping that folder matched to something else, like the Google Drive option you're thinking of.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old September 21st, 2018, 07:50 AM
I regularly use the HL export tool to package my files and throw that into Dropbox. The .HL file will re-install all of the files you put into it. (Also makes working on multiple devices easier)
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote