Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Croddwyn

Old June 6th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
I just tested it with some 15 line sections. Very nice for some uses. If doing a paste of a single column on a double column page, I still find it faster to delete all formatting and paste as a single paragraph using ctr Alt V since all the lines are short otherwise. It takes just as much time to fix this as the bold/italics. For full pages, it might be more useful.
That sounds like something that originates in the copy source (a combination of publisher choices and reader program interpretation). Or, at least, I have no trouble selecting a single column in a multi-column document...
Croddwyn is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old June 11th, 2015, 08:51 PM
To clarify what I meant: If there is a double column on the pdf and I use Ctrl Alt V, I can either choose to paste it all as one paragraph with no formatting or paste it with the formatting (such as the paragraph breaks) but then it saves the HRt at the end of every line. Since it is a double column, the lines are now short and I have to through the snippet and remove each line break so that the line will extend across the page properly. Otherwise, each line is the same length as in a double column.
Gord is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old June 12th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
To clarify what I meant: If there is a double column on the pdf and I use Ctrl Alt V, I can either choose to paste it all as one paragraph with no formatting or paste it with the formatting (such as the paragraph breaks) but then it saves the HRt at the end of every line. Since it is a double column, the lines are now short and I have to through the snippet and remove each line break so that the line will extend across the page properly. Otherwise, each line is the same length as in a double column.
Yeah, I had this too.

I normally cut in the PDF, paste into Notepad++, fix up formatting, and then cut and paste into Realm Works. It's far easier to fix up the text in Notepad++ than in a snippet frame.

Bulk find and replace on special characters like tabs and CRs make it quick and easy.
MaxSupernova is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 12th, 2015, 07:37 AM
If you want to keep the formatting, you can search-and-replace paragraph marks in Word as well.

Parody is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Croddwyn

Old June 12th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
If you want to keep the formatting, you can search-and-replace paragraph marks in Word as well.
Yeah, I started out using Word and some carefully crafted replaces. I even toyed with scripting some of it. Found making an app easier, but that's my natural response to a problem...
Croddwyn is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old June 13th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
Yeah, I had this too.

I normally cut in the PDF, paste into Notepad++, fix up formatting, and then cut and paste into Realm Works. It's far easier to fix up the text in Notepad++ than in a snippet frame.

Bulk find and replace on special characters like tabs and CRs make it quick and easy.
That's a great solution for long sections and I will remember it for those. I usually find that most of what I am doing is two or three paragraphs long. It is easier to clean this kind of thing up internally. On the other hand, I could just do a lot of pages at once and then cut and paste from notepad. It's worth a try in any case. Thanks for the idea.
Gord is offline   #16 Reply With Quote