Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sharoar

Old April 12th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Hello,

I've noticed that Hero Lab is not fully calculating my players' dexterity bonus to AC. It's calculating his dex bonus to AC to be +3, despite the fact that it should be +5, and his armor has a max dex bonus of +6. What other factors could be causing Hero Lab to not fully calculate the full dex bonus to AC?
Sharoar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 13th, 2015, 07:19 AM
Medium encumberance.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 13th, 2015, 10:33 AM
To elaborate on Aaron's response: Medium encumbrance limits a character to +3 DEX for AC purposes, independently of armor check penalties. You should be able to see your character's item weight and encumbrance level on the first or second column on the right (don't have it in front of me so I can't be sure)

If you are indeed encumbered, and you either don't play with encumbrance rules or just want to see the calculated results without encumbrance in play, hit CTL-K to bring up the Configure Hero menu and look for a checkbox labeled "No Encumbrance" under House Rules*. Uncheck that and hit OK, and you should be golden.

This is something that bites me pretty often too, since encumbrance is enabled by default and I often miss it when it's time to outfit the character.

*At least, I think that's where it is and what it's called. Again, don't have HL in front of me at the moment.
TheIronGolem is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 13th, 2015, 10:55 AM
The most common reason for HL reporting encumbrance is due to the weight of all those coins you are carrying :-)

(The weight of coins can be ignored by choosing the option in the configure character window.)
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote