Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

DMG

Old August 8th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Every time I run AB (and Hero Lab) on Windows 7, I get the User Account Control popup asking if I want to allow the program from an unknown publisher to make changes to the computer.

Short of turning the UAC off completely (which I'd rather not do), is there any way of stopping this popup?

It's reporting that AB is from an unknown publisher, so would a new exe with the publisher details or a security certificate fix it?

Cheers,
Jim.
DMG is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 10th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Disclaimer: I have not personally run Windows 7 yet - Colen has - so I just talked to him about this.

With a vanilla install of Windows 7 (i.e. default settings) and a default install of AB/HL, there is *no* UAC prompt when launching the product. So I have a few questions for you:

Did you modify AB/HL to always run as Administrator? If so, that will *always* result in a UAC prompt under Windows 7.

Have you tried configuring AB/HL to run in Compatibility mode for XP or 2000? This eliminates UAC problems under Vista, so it's worth a try. You can accomplish this by right-clicking on the product icon, selecting Properties, and going to the Compatibility tab.

Did you install AB/HL in a folder other than the default? We have only tried running AB/HL from the default installation locations, so it's conceivable a different location could yield different results.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old August 13th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks Rob.

I'll be reinstalling W7 today (PC upgrade), so I'll install it into the default locations & see what happens.
DMG is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old August 16th, 2009, 02:59 AM
After a fresh install of windows, I've installed HL & AB into the default locations & they work fine now.

Thanks for your help Rob. Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Jim.
DMG is offline   #4 Reply With Quote