Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Parody

Old March 31st, 2014, 04:30 PM
If you have Windows 7 (en-US), the default location for the Snipping Tool is All Programs/Accessories.

It lets you pick an area of the screen, rather than taking a screenshot of the entire screen or the current window and cropping it afterwards.

I've had a couple different screenshot programs over the years, but it's not something I do that often anymore. Alt-Print Screen and some editing has been plenty. For digitally published items I'd prefer to reuse items in the PDF (export to EPS, for example) but you work with what the publishers allow you to do.
Parody is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old March 31st, 2014, 05:23 PM
Thanks, Parody
Bidmaron is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 1st, 2014, 02:25 AM
If you are using an app called Trusteer Raport, (used to by banks to help secure their webpages on your PC,) by default it stops screen grabs when the webpage is open. You don't have to on the banks page, but if is open, the grab is blocked. This prevents the Snipping Tool and Print Screen from working.

There are two ways round this, close the webpage, or change the setting in Raport.

It also seems to stop grabs when I'm using Apache Open Office as well, which is strange.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old April 1st, 2014, 04:56 AM
If you have Windows 7, you should already have it. If you can't find it, go to Start / Run, and start typing in "Snipping tool" It will likely show up by the time you've gotten to "snip"

For convenience, you can right-click on it and either "Send to Desktop" or "Pin to Start Menu".

PrintScreen by itself captures the entire desktop. Used in combination with Alt, it will capture a single window or dialog box.

Snipping Tool can do those things too, but it also gives you the capability of capturing a region of your choosing by drawing a box, or freehand.
lifer4700 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old April 1st, 2014, 04:59 AM
Wow! I completely missed the posts on the 2nd page!

"What Parody said."
lifer4700 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote