Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2012, 08:10 PM
(a bug reports thread for the 3/16/12 update)

Unfortunately, there are a few projects we haven't had the time to work on yet. Here's the list, so that you know you don't need to re-post these as bug reports:
  1. Combat
    • Apply wound modifiers to the appropriate tests.
  2. Magic
    • Astral Attributes, Perception, Projection and Combat (currently incomplete
  3. Matrix & Technomancers
    • AR vs. VR vs. Hot-Sim VR (currently incomplete)
    • Active/Passive/Hidden mode
  4. Vehicles & Drones
    • Rigging & Jumping In (including full handling for cyborgs)
  5. NPCs & Critters
    • Grunt/Lieutenant NPC Mechanics
    • Group/Professional Rating
    • Critters
  6. Miscellaneous
    • Track what senses a character currently has active, and report that to the user in a single list. This will be a list of special senses that's shown when you move your mouse over the Perception dicepool at the top of the screen.
    • For the Condition Monitors on the In-Play tab, replace the numbers with boxes
    • Apply various "All Actions", "All Physical Actions", "All Matrix Actions" etc. bonuses/penalties, including wound penalties
    • Modify Contacts so that they can't be altered on the Social tab during Advancement mode, but are instead changed on the Advancement tab, to preserve a record of how your relationship with that contact changed.
    • Guest cost for a lifestyle, shared lifestyles, permanent lifestyle
  7. Augmentation
    • Biodrones (this requires the rules for critters to be finished first)
  8. Street Magic
    • The sample vessels on pg 87 (in terms of how they'll be handled in Hero Lab, the vessels are critter races that are possessed by the spirits, so this project requires the critter rules to be finished first).
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ledeir

Old March 17th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Hopefully I'm just not finding it, but I added an ally spirit but couldn't find the option for giving him an Innate spell.
ledeir is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Ally Spirits use their own spellcasting on the Magic tab, not innate spells.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old March 17th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Ok, I just downloaded 2.4 and opened a portfolio that I'd reported errors on regarding the implant maintenance being required on vehicles/drones, now it has a new glitch. Since opening it now shows 1 or more copies of each active skill that the portfolio has purchased either during creation (1-2 copies each), or after creation (2-3 copies each), and HL dutifully alerts me to the fact that I cannot have these duplicates. In those cases where the skills are associated with the character having the magician quality, the extra skills are flagged as "You can not purchase this skill without having the ability to summon spirits, cast spells, etc." The duplicates appear to be ignoring the quality chosen on the Basics tab, and are directly attached to each skill improvement or purchase via the advances tab. As soon as all entries for a skill or skill group have been deleted in the advancements tab, the error messages and the duplicates disappear, and I'm left with the skills at rank the skills were at when creation was locked. Attributes did not show the increases, on the basics tab, from advances, but did show the effects of those increases on the skills linked to them - higher dice pools & mouse overs showed the increase in the attribute from the advances. I deleted those advances too. End result left me with the unidentified validation error that was left after removing the items that called for the implant maintenance to be added to the vehicles/drones.

Oh, this did not happen with any of the other portfolios that did not have validation errors prior to the installation of 2.4.

Last edited by CeaDawg; March 17th, 2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: more info
CeaDawg is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2012, 05:49 PM
CeaDawg, could you please phrase your report in terms of a set of steps I can perform to replicate the error? I'm afraid I can't understand what you're trying to report.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old March 17th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Sorry. Blame it on St Paddy's day.

1. Started HL
2. Downloaded and installed SR 2.4
3. Rebooted HL after installation was reported as a success.
4. Selected "Open File"
5. Chose the portfolio that I'd reported awhile back, regarding the requirement to add an implant maintenance subscription to the vehicle's lifestyle.
It took nearly 5 minutes for it to open the portfolio.
Once it was open, the Active skills tab was marked in red.
6. I clicked on that tab, and all of the active skills that had either been purchased, or increased, via the advancements tab were showing multiple entries for the skills.
7. I clicked on the validation error button in top right corner. This had been showing in the portfolio prior to the installation of SR 2.4, but did not show in the summary window what the validation error was. Instead, it had been showing "No validation errors reported."
Now, after SR 2.4 has been installed it shows a whole string of errors for those active skills associated with the character being a mage (quality was selected when the portfolio was created in SR 2.0). All of the validation errors were stating that either the skill, or the skill group could not be purchased unless the character had the ability to perform the associated action, ie: "You can not purchase the conjuring skill group unless you can summon spirits.", "You can not purchase Asensing unless you have the ability to astral projection.", etc.
The bug appears to be viewing the character as mundane.
8. I deleted all advancements for the affected skills in the active skills tab. This removed the multiple entries and the validation errors in the list, but did not remove the original mystery validation error.
9. I selected the Basics tab. prior to 2.4 I had used the advancements tab to increase a couple of the character's attributes. Those attributes had been displaying the increased value of those attributes prior to 2.4, and had shown the proper adjustments to the skill dice pools those attributes were linked to. Now, after 2.4, those attributes no longer displayed the increased value, but the associated dice pools did show the correct amount in the mouse over and in the displayed value of the dice pools.
10. I deleted the advancement tab entries for those attributes. The attributes now displayed their values prior to advancement, along with their linked dice pools.
11. Saved the portfolio. I will go back later, Sunday most likely, and attempt to enter the advancements and see what happens.

This problem has not appeared in any other portfolios that did not have validation errors present prior to the installation of SR 2.4.

Last edited by CeaDawg; March 17th, 2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Blame it on St Paddy's day
CeaDawg is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 18th, 2012, 10:34 AM
CeaDawg, I don't have the portfolio you're referring to. Without it, I can't follow the set of steps you outlined.

Please quote the validation errors in their entirety - they'll start by listing the specific skill in question. You're also hinting that this portfolio contains a main hero and many minions - is it a PC, a vehicle, or a spirit that's reporting these errrors? Is the PC a magician/mystic adept/adept?

Last edited by Mathias; March 18th, 2012 at 10:37 AM.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old March 18th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Where do you want me to upload the portfolio to?
CeaDawg is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 18th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I'd rather not have to study the portfolio myself - I've got a lot of work on Runner's Companion to do this week. I was hoping you'd be able to figure out what circumstances would allow me to reproduce the error starting with a blank portfolio or starting with one of the pre-gens that are included with Hero Lab.

If the errors are on the main character, you may be able to delete all the vehicles, spirits, sprites, etc., so that everything loads faster and you can try various changes faster - REMEMBER TO USE "SAVE AS" IF YOU DO THAT - don't want to risk overwriting your character.

If not, you can post the .por file here. I don't think you'll need to zip it first.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aku

Old March 19th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Downloaded 2.4 and it is doing this even to fresh builds.
Tester before.por is a quick and dirty throw together, no advancements.
Tester after.por is with 25 karma, 20 spent on increasing a skill group (Stealth) from 1 to 2, and 4 spent on increasing Dodge from 1 to 2.
Now Dodge and all of the Stealth Group skills have multiple listings.

Also attached is Bounty Hunter-busted.por.
Increased Athletics Group, and it multiplied.
Added Mechanic Group, then increased Mechanic Group.
Now has two listings for all skills in both groups.
Attached Files
File Type: email tester before.por (106.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: email tester after.por (112.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: email Bounty Hunter-busted.por (187.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Aku; March 19th, 2012 at 07:14 PM.
Aku is offline   #10 Reply With Quote