Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

karrel

Send a message via MSN to karrel

Old January 11th, 2019, 11:36 PM
i am trying to find out why i can place a template on an NPC but not a PC. And can this be changed so i can place a template on any one.
karrel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old January 13th, 2019, 09:03 AM
I can't speak for why LW might have decided not to allow templates on PCs other than in the DMG templates are described as: "modifications that can be applied to an existing monster". So, a PC isn't a monster I guess. But I guess it depends on your point of view.

That said, a trick is to hit Ctrl-K on your PC and switch it to an NPC. Apply the template and then hit Ctrl-K and change it back to a PC. *Abracadabra*, the template stays on the PC.

Some of the DMs I know that use HL won't allow a template on a PC, preferring to use adjustments and other things that can be taken away or turned off (since a template like werebear can be cured). It's a matter of preference though.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
karrel

Send a message via MSN to karrel

Old January 15th, 2019, 02:48 AM
thnks for the reply, i dont like having to do the npc thing but it does work and for now thats my only move. thanks again.
karrel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote