Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old October 15th, 2020, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davron View Post
At the bottom of the ALPG season 9 booklet, they list several things including that in Season 9 you can create an Aasimar regardless of your PHB+1 and that at level 5 they have wings. I'm going to guess that season 10 will have something similar available to it. I made my own custom racial variant effect and added it to one of the other files, but what is the right way to do this such that it has a chance of being included in future releases? Would you just prefer a single adventurers league season content file or a file for every season?
I'd make it an adjustment, honestly. It would need to only be available to Aasimar at 5th level, and disable Light Bearer and the 3rd level feature from each subrace. Then we'd want to add a source for AL Season 9 and attach the adjustment to that source.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #831 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old October 28th, 2020, 06:24 AM
I took a long break from programming, but I'm back in the saddle and building stuff when I have free time. Before I left, I posted about everything I wanted to include in the next release. With Tasha's Cauldron of Everything coming out within a month, I re-evaluated a lot of what I was working on and paused much of it. I'm thinking about doing a smaller release soon, with only a handful of new things (mainly the Theros player options), the 2020 errata updates, and some bug fixes.

Tasha's will have a ton of new subclasses and a re-release of the Artificer. I'm about 90% done with figuring out how to overcome the programming limitations with the Artificer's spell slots. The Art is a half caster, but rounds its total levels/2 up instead of down when multiclassing. LWD has told me directly that they won't be supporting that functionality, so we have to trick Hero Lab into thinking the Artificer is one caster level higher whenever it has an odd number of levels. So I'm hoping that we can have our final Artificer released with our pack for Tasha's.

So does anyone want me to hold off on a release now, or go for it? Mainly, what's the demand for Theros??

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #832 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old October 28th, 2020, 10:58 AM
I hate to say this, with all the work you have done, but I think class variants from TCoE won't be possible in HL as is without creating new class versions for each variant . . .

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #833 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old October 28th, 2020, 01:12 PM
I haven't seen anything from the previews/leaks yet to suggest I can't keep using the current method (albeit with some refinements) to replace/add stuff. Did something change in how they're implemented between last year's UA and release?

Right now, you select an adjustments that add class feature variant tabs for each class. I'm consolidating those multiple configurables into one. I'm planning on adding a "Variants" configurable tab, with an optional rule that enables the tab for any Hero that selects that rule in the Config Hero screen.

The Variants tab will allow the player to select which variant rules they want to use from the book, be it racial or class. Picking a class will open up those options in a secondary ability list, and they can go from there. It won't be perfect, but it's worked well so far.

Fenris447 is offline   #834 Reply With Quote
SheerANONYMOUS

Old November 1st, 2020, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
Yup! Head to Character > Configure Hero. Under "Optional Rules," there's a box for "Spell Points." Enjoy.
Thanks!
SheerANONYMOUS is offline   #835 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old November 9th, 2020, 07:00 AM
I’ve pushed the 2.5 update for release soon. Its main focus was on Mythic Odysseys of Theros, but there’re a few other goodies in there, like a finalized Aberrant Dragonmark and all the 2020 Errata changes.

If anyone is interested, I’ve started working towards a 3.0 release. This will feature Tasha’s, Vehicles, the fully-functioning Artificer, and a bunch of other enhancements that I’ve wanted to do for a long time.

If you are interested in helping but don’t have programming experience, you still can! While programming is actually pretty fun and easy enough to learn, the most time-consuming part of adding to the 5e Community Pack is actually re-writing all the text by at least 10%. Once Tasha’s releases, I could really use some help with the spell, item, and feature descriptions. If you’re up for it, let me know.

Last edited by Fenris447; November 10th, 2020 at 07:44 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #836 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 9th, 2020, 03:31 PM
New 5e Pack released! Please give a big Thank You to Fenris447 for his fantastic job on getting this finished!

v2.5 November 9, 2020
NEW RELEASES
  • Eberron: Rising from the Last War/Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron - Aberrant Dragonmark replaced, Greater Aberrant Dragonmark added. Due to Hero Lab limitations, there are some manual components to tracking used Hit Dice for this ability.
  • Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes - Fiendish Boons and Cults added. Using the eponymous adjustment will add a tab for selecting Demonic Boons and/or Devil Cults. The variant cambion features can be accessed through choosing the appropriate fiend in this tab, too.
  • Mythic Odysseys of Theros - Races, subclasses, background, deities (and their benefits), and supernatural gifts added.
  • Unearthed Arcana: Class Feature Variants - Cleric Blessed Strikes added.
  • Unearthed Arcana: Modern Magic - Added full UA. Special thanks to MardukBathory for providing the descriptive text, which was used for all the class features. Please see the known issues section.

ENHANCEMENTS & CHANGES
  • 2020 Errata Implemented - A lot more than this, but note: the Kobold and Orc have had their negative stat modifiers removed. Use an Ability Score adjustment if you want to go back. The VGM Orc now matches the Wildemount and Eberron version, so the newer one has been deprecated. Users of the newer version will need to re-select the VGM version when they update.
  • EGTW - Hollow One moved to the Supernatural Gifts tab.

BUGS
  • BGDIA - Fixed incorrect version of Detect Magic on two monsters. Added cone size on Hollyphant Trumpet.
  • MM - Added missing attack and damage type on Spined Devil
  • MTG - Added sources to Amonkahet deities
  • PHB - Added sources to goblinoid deities
  • SCAG - Corrected errors in Totem Spirit descriptions
  • UACFV - Fixed incorrect version of Detect Magic on Primal Awareness
  • XGTE - Fixed Storm Aura description formatting and typo, fixed Kensei weapons not including darts

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Most 2.3 issues still ongoing, but plans to fix them are in place.
  • UA Modern Magic - The UA indicates that Sidearms and Long arms are in the DMG, but they are not. A handful of features in this UA use them, so DMs and players may need to either create some homebrew weapons of their own, or use a combination of existing weapons and proficiency adjustments to achieve something closer to what they want.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #837 Reply With Quote
Mick McKee

Old November 9th, 2020, 04:08 PM
Great job Fenris447 and team!

Thank you!
Mick McKee is offline   #838 Reply With Quote
MardukBathory

Old November 10th, 2020, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
KNOWN ISSUES
  • UA Modern Magic - The UA indicates that Sidearms and Long arms are in the DMG, but they are not. A handful of features in this UA use them, so DMs and players may need to either create some homebrew weapons of their own, or use a combination of existing weapons and proficiency adjustments to achieve something closer to what they want.
The term isn't used in the DMG, which is an oversight, but I can assure you the difference is 1 handed or 2 handed guns. A pistol, revolver, or other handgun is a sidearm, a rifle, musket, shotgun or any thing along those lines are longarms.
MardukBathory is offline   #839 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old November 12th, 2020, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardukBathory View Post
The term isn't used in the DMG, which is an oversight, but I can assure you the difference is 1 handed or 2 handed guns. A pistol, revolver, or other handgun is a sidearm, a rifle, musket, shotgun or any thing along those lines are longarms.
Without the distinction in the actual DMG, we’d have to add what is essentially homebrewed info to the firearms in our DMG code. I’m not really comfortable with that.

That said, I’ve at least figured out how to assign overall firearm proficiency. So the end result will be that the City Cleric and Technomancy Wizard will be proficient in all firearms, and the Arcane Gunslinger invocation will allow for any firearm to be selected. If DM’s want to say “rifles don’t count”, they can. But Hero Lab won’t make the distinction between sidearms and long arms.

Fenris447 is offline   #840 Reply With Quote