Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 2nd, 2014, 06:19 PM
Just as an aside, I do plan on adding feats that grant the dragonborn wings. This was something one of my players asked about, so I plan on doing as soon as time permits.

For the Dragonlance fans, I will also include options for turning these dragonborn into draconians within fair and consistent guidelines for the setting. These will come in the form of Alternate Racial Traits that can be selected. So if you're a dragonlance fan fear not, you shall have dragonborn options if you choose to make use of them.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; November 7th, 2014 at 04:36 PM.
RavenX is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
gamer940

Old December 4th, 2014, 05:17 PM
**Deleted**

Last edited by gamer940; December 4th, 2014 at 05:57 PM.
gamer940 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old December 4th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Version 1.4 of the Dragonlance data file set has been uploaded. You should now be able to directly download the files via the standard method like all the others. Sorry for the inconvenience, it took a little longer to figure out the error than I had hoped it would. I am not an HTML code pro, and I am only a single person that manages the data. Dragonlance is available again so go forth, download, and battle on in Krynn!

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old December 30th, 2014, 03:58 PM
I had a chance to speak with Keith Baker a bit (Eberron author) and he told me there was a hard and fast rule for finding racial mods built into 3.5 sourcebooks.

"an unnamed creature in a sourcebook represents an average member of that race. So to find it's ability modifiers, I think you're supposed to subtract 10 (if even) or 11 (if odd) from each score; what's left is the modifier."

I will be keeping this in mind as I do my conversion work for Pathfinder files in the future.

As for this year, it's been a long road, and I haven't had enough time to get all the updates out that I'd like to do. A few people have been helping and to those folks, I appreciate all of your contributions to these datafiles. I wish I had time to get more updates out for 2014 but I just don't see that happening. I am looking forward to the new year and getting more updates out to you all though, so stay tuned and keep an eye out for campaign updates from me. As soon as time permits you shall have more data.

RavenX is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old January 2nd, 2015, 07:48 AM
Forgotten Realms
For a few weeks there has been a timing error floating around the Forgotten Realms data files. I apologize to anyone else that found this error to be annoying. It took me a while to locate the file that was causing the timing error and to get it corrected.

Bugs Fixed
Timing Error If you were getting a timing error related to fFRSkilFoc or something along those lines that had the FR tag on it, know that the feat that was causing this particular error is no longer throwing that error. It has been fixed for the next release. I had been hunting this error since first noticing it but it took a while to narrow down which file it was coming from. Sorry for any annoyance this has caused, it will be fixed when I update the realms files again.

RavenX is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Kodiak3d

Old January 3rd, 2015, 06:02 PM
Thanks so much for these, RavenX. I use your FR stuff and really appreciate the work you've done.
Kodiak3d is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old January 5th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak3d View Post
Thanks so much for these, RavenX. I use your FR stuff and really appreciate the work you've done.
You're welcome. It is a labor of love for the realms that created these files. I still have long way to go but there is enough data in them to run a good campaign with hero lab. I try to add new material when time permits but I haven't had much time lately. Last month the flu scored a critical hit on my immune system so I wasn't able to get anything done. I'll be posting information regarding updates as I get around to them.

RavenX is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old January 5th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Forgotten Realms Version 2.2 Release Notes Version 2.2 of the Forgotten Realms data files is now available!

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
The following updates are for the FRCS files covering the core setting.
  • Preclusion Changes: Due to requests I have created a set of new sources at the bottom of the FR configuration for "Forgotten Realms Optional Rules". I have set the preclusion for pathfinder races and deities to their own check box under these optional rules. If you want to keep the pathfinder deities and races in your realms, you can now do so, but this comes with a small price. If you are using the original races, you will not have access to the Forgotten Realms regional traits. This is because the regional traits were originally coded with the realms races in mind. If you try to use these traits on a normal race Hero Lab will throw an error message on your character for it. I have no intention of including a fix for this in the data at this time. If you use a normal elf from Pathfinder you will just have to deal with the validation error message for taking traits. These files were coded with the mindset Forgotten Realms players would be creating characters with the races from Faerun, not the Pathfinder campaign setting.
  • Language Adjustments: I plan on changing the uniqueids of all languages for Forgotten Realms from lwhatever to lFRwhateve in the coming weeks. This will be a slow process due to the way languages work in the data set. There are a lot of data files to go through and fix. What does this mean for the end user? Once the update is released containing the language fix, you will get errors saying "language 'whatever' has been Orphaned." when loading old portfolios. I wish this could be avoided but I have to make this change to ensure compatibility with 3rd party updates released by others. This is going to take time to implement and will not be a fast process. I appreciate your patience and understanding in this. Before updating, make a backup of any sheets you wish to restore to their previous glory, as these Orphaning errors are unavoidable once you update. Save as PDFs or Print out your characters if you have to. In addition to the adjustments, I am adding an FR Languages header and sorting tags for Forgotten Realms languages, the FR lingos shall appear under this header once the update is released.

Forgotten Realms: Shining South
  • Thri-Kreen: Psionic Abilities (ART) now correctly adds the bonus psionic power point to the character when selected. Bug fix: +1 to effective level when this ART is applied was not displaying correctly on the Classes tab, changed the phase and priority to get this working correctly. Psionic Abilities were originally done as spell-like abilities, these have been moved to the psionic tab as psi-like abilities now and are displayed under the psionic powers.

Bug Fixes
  • Smokepowder: This item was overriding the black powder for firearms rather than precluding it. I have fixed this problem. Selecting the FRCS now precludes the black powder ammunition for firearms and enables the smokepowder item.
  • Timing Error: Many of you may have noticed a timing error coming from a feat whose unique id was fFRSkilFoD. This issue has been fixed (the feat was deleted and the craft domain bootstrapped feat was rigged to target only Craft skills on the hero). The timing error has been fixed. This update should get rid of that annoying bug.

================================================== =======
Unique ID conflicts and resolution
This has started to become an issue with some of the data files. 3rd party product sometimes uses a unique id that I had already used. My plans are to fix the data files as this comes up. I am adding an FR into the ids to distinguish them from other data sets. Ravenloft will get RV added to the id and Dark Sun will have DS in the names. This may take me some time to get the unique ids fixed. I don't anticipate it being done quickly. If a conflict occurs, please report it in the appropriate bug reporting thread for the system and I will get it added to my to-do list when time permits.

4e Material Conversion Plans
Some of the data from 4e will eventually be converted into the data files. A separate section on the configuration screen will allow you to access these abilities. Currently I am in the process of converting data that I feel would work well in a Forgotten Realms game. Here is the current plan for conversion work. These new options will be made available in a future update.

Spellscars and Powers
The Spellscarred concept is one that my players and I like, as it brings a little new depth to the realms that wasn't present before. To keep the spellscars as versatile as possible without requiring a new character class we are going to convert the spell scar powers that make sense into feats that players can take, which will allow Pathfinder equivalent powers. These converted powers make more sense as feats to us, and they will provide some versatility into how players and dungeon masters implement them.

Themes as Archetypes
Starting with the Renegade Red Wizard, some of the themes presented in the realms books will be made into archetypes after appropriate conversion has been done on class features. This will work the same as an archetype, replacing existing abilities with new ones that the theme would normally provide.

RavenX is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Schedim

Old February 1st, 2015, 11:56 PM
It is a fantastic job you do, especially with the FR-setting (as it is the one I play in). It really helps out to get everything sorted and correct when leveling up.
Two questions/bugs tho.
"Extra spell slots" and "Second Arcane Bond" don't seem to work. Are those implemented? Or is there some loop to jump that I have missed?
I use iPad and have some of the community packs installed (Basic, 3PP and FFG).
Schedim is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old February 3rd, 2015, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schedim View Post
It is a fantastic job you do, especially with the FR-setting (as it is the one I play in). It really helps out to get everything sorted and correct when leveling up.
Two questions/bugs tho.
"Extra spell slots" and "Second Arcane Bond" don't seem to work. Are those implemented? Or is there some loop to jump that I have missed?
I use iPad and have some of the community packs installed (Basic, 3PP and FFG).
Likely haven't been implemented yet. I am still working my through my first pass through the main setting book. Once I get the FRCS book done I can start making a second pass at it.

Due to a family matter having come up I haven't had time to add data to the files or work with them. I'll que this on the my list of things to check when I get back to data entry through. Thank you for reporting it.

RavenX is offline   #20 Reply With Quote