Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lordredraven

Old October 3rd, 2016, 08:49 AM
I'm thinking about purchasing the 5e std, but I've got a question about the character sheet. In there preview I can see that it lists the abilities of the character but page 2 does not explain what the abilities do. In the full version, with community pack, will it show a brief synopsis of what they do? I'm running a con game and I don't want new players to have to reference the pub if they don't have to. Thanks
lordredraven is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dropbear8mybaby

Old October 4th, 2016, 11:59 AM
What you're asking for is difficult to give given that there are actually several different ways you can present a character depending on selections in "Configuring a Hero" options, and whether or not you incorporate gear, abilities & spells into a single document or print them separately. Wizards, for instance, have both a spellbook and currently prepared spell lists that can be printed out separately and so don't form part of the standard sheet.

Here's an example of one of my characters. It has the separate "Abilities & Gear" sheet incorporated into the "Standard Character Sheet". But even this isn't a fair representation because it's dependent on several options I have chosen in the "Configure Hero" panel. It also has a long background text which gets pushed onto the next page.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...UdHZkRFOWtPZFU
dropbear8mybaby is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lordredraven

Old October 4th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to see. There is an extra sheet that explains their abilities without having to consult the phb. Thanks immensely.
lordredraven is offline   #3 Reply With Quote