Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nikmal

Old May 1st, 2014, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Sorry just saw this. Its being actively worked on. Mother's Day is coming and its the 2nd biggest holiday for where I work so my 7 days a week schedule has started. So I do about 30 minutes a night which means its going slow.

But its coming....
Since my birthday often falls on Mother's Day I sympathize. I also used to work in the hospitality industry and as the Head Chef for a restaurant before I got in to the IT industry

So I do sympathize and am if nothing... patient
Thanks Frumple and Shadow!!
Nikmal is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:13 PM
Sorry.. I am having trouble finding the data, has it been posted yet?

Really thank you guys for this!!

---

Ok.. I read the instructions...I am working on downloading now

Last edited by Globetrotter; May 2nd, 2014 at 02:50 PM. Reason: trying not to be stupid.
Globetrotter is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old May 2nd, 2014, 03:04 PM
Ok... so silly question..

Now that we have the encounter builder, there is no way to just import a monster.

How do i find the WotR characters in this jumble of mess?
Globetrotter is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 2nd, 2014, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
Can you be a little more specific in the question? WotR for the Community Bestiary is not released yet. I am working on it and promise to have it just as soon as I can but that is not yet.

Once it is released you will need to have installed the "Community Bestiary" you will then download the "encounter" zip files from d20pfsrd.

One of the things I am looking at is how to get the CB 1.5gigs of portfolios to work with the new Encounter Builder. As in many ways the Encounter builder is not needed for our stuff. Not including I have to "re-prepare" all 1.5 gigs and re-zip them back up and load back to the repository.

When you download the zip files above we have all the chapters for an AP setup in folders and each "encounter" is a complete .por file. Its design is that you have all your PC's loaded up into HL. Then you simply import the "encounter" .por file and start the TC.

The Encounter Builder is meant to basically "create" the files that the Community has been providing now for several years now.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old May 2nd, 2014, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
Ok... so silly question..

Now that we have the encounter builder, there is no way to just import a monster.

Actually all you have to do is to type the creature type or NPC type in to the search box and it will bring the creature/NPC into the box to be imported. So it is not that big a deal. So you CAN import a monster.

Say you want a Blue Dragon. Type Blue Dragon into the search bar of the encounter builder and it will show you all the age categories of the Blue Dragon. You can hit the "+" symbol and then select import at the bottom of the encounter builder.

But as Shadowchemosh mentioned the Wrath of the Righteous bestiary/encounters have not been added yet.. so we need a little more patience
Nikmal is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old May 2nd, 2014, 06:26 PM
Ok... Totally patient. Lol.
Globetrotter is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Dianae

Old May 4th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The Encounter Builder is meant to basically "create" the files that the Community has been providing now for several years now.
You know you are doing something right when a fan/community effort gets incorporated into actual product.
Dianae is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old May 22nd, 2014, 09:47 PM
I am hoping that there is some news on this or should I try it for myself... I know there are some complicated creatures and items in there that I will need to use the editor for and I am not as good as I would like to be with that. So hence the reason for holding out hope that there is some news for this

Thanks!!
Nikmal is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 23rd, 2014, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
I am hoping that there is some news on this or should I try it for myself... I know there are some complicated creatures and items in there that I will need to use the editor for and I am not as good as I would like to be with that. So hence the reason for holding out hope that there is some news for this

Thanks!!
I have it finished. Actually finished it last night but have a problem. As it currently stands the CB requires Mythic Adventures to load. I was able to make changes to not require B4 to load. So thats a plus.

From my take only 10-20% people use Mythic Adventures and to tell the 6,000+ plus people using the CB that they "have" to have Mythic Adventures is not going to fly. I am trying to figure out a workable solution and have not gotten any great ones.

The only real open is to create a Mythic CB. But having to support two versions of the CB is not something I have to time to take on right now. I honestly can't find another option currently.....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; May 23rd, 2014 at 09:50 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old May 23rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
I wish I could help ya. If there is a way for me to do so please ask it of me!! Just as an FYI I do have the Mythic rules personally. But I can see the problem as most do not. I really appreciate the time yourself and Frumple take on to do these things.. both of you guys are awesome!
Please ask it of me if there is anything I can do to help you out ok?
Thanks!!
Nikmal (jon)
Nikmal is offline   #20 Reply With Quote