Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

The JollyGM

Old November 26th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Hi all,

First time poster here, and I am currently working on a Savage Worlds rule set for my home grown system.

I pretty much got everything done except I encountered one small problem and I can not get it figured out.

In my hand weapons tab, I created all my weapons. Bladed weapons, Axes, 2 handed, pole arms.. etc. You get the idea.

Now i am trying to make separator for each of the weapon types and to have each of those weapons fall under each category using the "Show Only Check Box" And it works fine, except I can only ever have one heading?

If I use, for example "-Bladed Weapons-" it will show in grey as it should, when i create another header "-Blunt Weapons-" it will not show on the list.

But if I delete the first entry, and then reload it, the blunt weapons will be showing.. How do I get more then one entry on the list? is there something I am missing?

Thanks for your help, hope I gave enough info to get the situation I am experiencing clear enough.

Regards

JollyGM
The JollyGM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 26th, 2016, 02:14 PM
If you'll send me the file, I'll take a look... that sounds like a rather odd issue.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 26th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the forums! I was a bit confused by getting those to work at first, too, which is why I tried to see if I could explain it in the 2nd post on the Common Code thread, if that helps. Did you make sure that your second separator is set to a different Weapon Type from your first and so on? Of course if you send the file to CapedCrusader I'm sure he could definitely figure out the issue for you, too.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
The JollyGM

Old November 27th, 2016, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Welcome to the forums! I was a bit confused by getting those to work at first, too, which is why I tried to see if I could explain it in the 2nd post on the Common Code thread, if that helps. Did you make sure that your second separator is set to a different Weapon Type from your first and so on? Of course if you send the file to CapedCrusader I'm sure he could definitely figure out the issue for you, too.
Thanks Zarlor! And Thanks for the offer CapeCrusader to Assist!

I am one of those people who like to try and figure stuff out before I hand it over. And with the post you added Zarlor, I found the problem. I was making my own Weapon Type and linking my separator to that and it was not working. But wen I read that you "Commandeer" the other categories, it then all fell into place.

Thanks for the help!!

Last edited by The JollyGM; November 27th, 2016 at 09:01 PM.
The JollyGM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 28th, 2016, 04:47 AM
Glad to be of help! Taking over the existing categories confused me a bit at first as well until some of the folks on this forum helped me out with it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 29th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Hey, Pathfinder has it easy.
It doesn't have multiple Settings that completely re-write the rules in odd ways...

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 29th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Not yet. Wait for Star Finder

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old November 30th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
Not yet. Wait for Star Finder
No reason they'll do it any more significantly there than they do with some of the offshoot PF games. Though Starfinder itself may vary considerably from Pathfinder.
Paragon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 30th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that Starfinder will probably just be a setting to check in the Configure Hero menu. That way people can still use Pathfinder stuff as desired.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #9 Reply With Quote