Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Piquwee

Old October 5th, 2019, 03:09 PM
Hey all,
I have a character in Pathfinder that was bitten by a vampire and now is his spawn. I have looked around Hero Lab and could not find a way to convert my dude into a spawn.
Is there a way to convert my character into a vampire spawn within Hero Lab?
Piquwee is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 5th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Templates are added in the same place as character levels.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Piquwee

Old October 5th, 2019, 03:28 PM
What? I have no idea what that is supposed to do for me. Thanks anyway. I am just an end-user and not a programmer. I wouldn't know what to do with those tools. I am just looking for where Hero Lab (which I have invested many $$ in) to have something like that in their character sheets.
If anyone can point out the places to click, that would be great.
Piquwee is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old October 5th, 2019, 05:57 PM
On the tab where you add a character level, click as though you were adding a new level to whatever class he is. You add a 'level' of vampire just like 'vampire' is a class.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 6th, 2019, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
On the tab where you add a character level, click as though you were adding a new level to whatever class he is. You add a 'level' of vampire just like 'vampire' is a class.
Yeah, that's what I said (meant) :-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 6th, 2019, 12:49 PM
The 'Way of the Wicked' community files have the option of becoming a vampire through a five feat chain, starting with 'The Bitten'.

Adding the template, where you would add classes, increases the CR (or effective level) of a creature by +2.
The feat chain doesn't change your CR, but does cost five of your General type feats.
Ualaa is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Piquwee

Old October 6th, 2019, 03:38 PM
If you add a level of vampire, that would make a full vampire and not a spawn of said. Does a spawn have all the same additions when adding a level of vampire?
I wouldn't be able to do things like creating a new vampire and other things, but HL still adds those things doing it that way.

Also, when you take a level in vampire HL thinks you are adding a level and not as a template. Adding a level bumps numbers that you would get from a level up that you didn't earn.

Last edited by Piquwee; October 6th, 2019 at 04:09 PM.
Piquwee is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 6th, 2019, 05:49 PM
Vampire Spawn will also be in the list of templates if you own the Bestiary or Monster Codex package for Hero Lab and that package is enabled for your character. That's what you want to pick.

Last edited by Parody; October 6th, 2019 at 05:53 PM.
Parody is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Piquwee

Old October 6th, 2019, 09:06 PM
Parody, you are correct. Someone give that person a cigar. Thank you very much for answering my problem. Monster Codex has that template.
Piquwee is offline   #9 Reply With Quote