Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

pming

Old June 20th, 2019, 11:30 PM
Hiya!

Title pretty much says it all. I have my own home brewed world and it utilizes ONLY the Human from the PHB. All the other PC races are my own or my own take on the classics (Elf, Dwarf, etc)...but are almost completely different as far as Stat Adjustments, Vision, Special Abilities, etc.

I know there WAS supposedly work on an Editor for this sort of thing. Just wondering if it's finished, in the works, or cancelled?

Oh, and I'm interested in Classic only (not the Online subscription version), if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

^_^

Paul L. Ming
pming is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
pming

Old July 2nd, 2019, 11:07 PM
Hiya!

Nothing? I'm looking for any advice on how to do this then. Any particular threads, wiki's or YouTube channels I should look at? I really love the potential of RW, but if it's too difficult to use my own stuff...well, it kinda defeats the purpose I think. Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

Thanks!

^_^

Paul L. Ming
pming is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 3rd, 2019, 12:24 AM
The editor is there for you to do with as you please. You can make your own races, classes, etc. It's going to take time to learn though and there's not a whole lot in the way of tutorials for the editor.

You have posted in the 5e Hero Lab forum though and mentioned Realm Works in your last comment so unsure if you are in the right place or not.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old July 3rd, 2019, 05:02 AM
Like daplunk said, the editor is in there (and has been for years). My suggestion would be to look at some of the community files, like for Volo's Guide to Monsters, to see how new races are programmed in the editor. It's gonna take some time for you to learn how it all works, but it's doable.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old July 3rd, 2019, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
like for Volo's Guide to Monsters, to see how new races are programmed in the editor. It's gonna take some time for you to learn how it all works, but it's doable.
I would argue that the Tiefling from the Community's Player's Handbook is more like what pming is describing - the community Tiefling "precludes" the official Tiefling if I remember correctly.

But I agree with daplunk and Fenris447, the editor is there, it can be daunting but almost all the community contributors beyond the original folks have learned much by just picking apart the .user files that are already created, searching the forums - especially the pathfinder forums - and sometimes reading the various wikis that exist, officially and fan-created.
dungeonguru is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
pming

Old July 8th, 2019, 02:18 AM
Hiya!

Allrightythen...guess I'll have to dig deeper into the editor!

Thanks folks!
pming is offline   #6 Reply With Quote