Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

DonTuel

Old October 10th, 2018, 11:48 AM
It was suggested by support that I would be able to find ample assistance with an output issue in Pathfinder. Here is the quote from support: "I'm afraid we here in support are in a bad position to help diagnose and troubleshoot custom User files, however I do believe you will likely be able to find ample assistance on our Forums. I'm sorry I cannot be of more direct technical assistance personally."

The issue is (copied from the support ticket #231727):
I'm making some changes to my home brew for Pathfinder and ran into an output bug.

I've added a class that is similar to the Sorcerer, but one of the changes was to limit 0 level spells. They can only cast twice the number of 1st level spells. I've placed the appropriate number in the 0 level column for Spells Cast Per Level and unchecked the Unlimited 0-level Spells check box.

On the Statblock column and the Output Hero Statblock it displays: 0 (at will); and on the printed output, under Spells & Powers, it displays: 0th (at will).

If you go to the Spells tab it displays: 12 Lvl 0 spells left (and all the functionality is correct) and the Class tab displays Lvl0: 6/6 12/day.
DonTuel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 10th, 2018, 03:01 PM
So basically in program it displays correctly, but the statblock output and default character sheet output are still showing as though you still had unlimited. If I understand the issue correctly, I don't think there is anything a user can do, since they don't have control on those. I can take a look at things to adjust them, but probably not in the next couple days.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 10th, 2018, 03:25 PM
I've moved the original bug report for this into the pathfinder to-do list. The issue here is in HL, but isn't exposed unless you use custom content, since every official spellcasting class uses the unlimited 0-level spells system, which is why we didn't notice it before now. Thanks for catching this one.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
DonTuel

Old October 10th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Thanks Mathias. I figured it was truly a bug, but followed the suggestion in case there was something else that could be done. I figured it would be low priority as it's mainly a cosmetic problem, not a functional one.
DonTuel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote