Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tiibor

Old September 27th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Unfortunately developing an application for both tablet OS's, at least in the next year, isn't realistic. Working on an app for either OS will take us months, and we'll need to do the same amount of work over again for the second tablet OS we want to support. That means many months of work just on one OS, and that's not counting work we do on other new features and functionality for the PC version.

If I had the chance, I'd have Army Builder working on every device that I could. The sad reality is that our resources are extremely limited, so we need to carefully consider our plans before we take the next steps with a tablet app.
Sensible words, while I would love to have AB on my IPAD I am content to run it on my PC and wait fot a tablet version, trying to bite off too much could seriously dent the quality so I feel your response is comforting keep up the excelent work I am not sure I could manage without AB
Tiibor is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
dswanick

Old November 18th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Adding my voice to the chorus. I just got my early Christmas present - a Toshiba Thrive 10". Would really love to stick with the program I've liked and used for years. I'd hate to have to switch to one of the ones currently available through the Android Market.
dswanick is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Baraccus

Old December 28th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Any word on which OS you will be/are working on for tablets?

I have been a devote supporter of HeroLab since the Pathfinder module was brought out. I have been working off of my desktop ever since. However now that PFS has become more and more popular, and I run more and more tables, the need for a mobile HeroLab has become more and more apparent. Being able to create a quick and accurate character for new players is a fantastic asset to speed up a session that is already limited on time as it is.

Personally, I am running on an android tablet, so I am biased on the version I would like to see first. But overall, would just like to know if there is any sign of a release date on any such product? Even just an approximate.
Baraccus is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
RodH

Old December 30th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Android is the choice of tablet OS for discerning gaming geeks

Just something to consider if you are still debating a direction...
RodH is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
spiderdaddy

Old January 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM
So, now that the Mac version is out, what are the android plans.

Of course you used the dev time on the mac version to separate the rules engine and the front end from one another didn't you, so a port to a new platform should be a breeze ...

I understand the level of development required and would be more than happy to pay an additional license for the android version.

Keep up the good work.
spiderdaddy is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 10th, 2012, 05:26 AM
The following is re-posted from a similar question in the Hero Lab forum....

There is no update on tablets yet.

As we've been stating for the past year-plus, the first step for us is in getting the native Mac port completed. Although it's taken us much longer than we had planned, we're finally in the home stretch on that. After the native Mac port is officially released (not just Beta) for both Hero Lab and Army Builder, *and* is running solid (read: one or two bug fix releases down the line), we'll begin nailing down the plan for a tablet version.

My best *guess* is that you'll start hearing something concrete from us about tablets in late 1Q2012. If the stars align and the Mac ports go smoothly from here on out, it could be earlier, but I wouldn't bet on that.
rob is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ChanceSteel

Old March 30th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Bump! Need!
ChanceSteel is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
KJQ

Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Just want to add my 'vote' for Army Builder for Android. I have an ASUS Transformer Prime and it is sweeeet. For now I have my AB lists in PDF on it, but it would be great to change lists "on the fly" while at my LGW.

BTW: Ipads are few and far between around here as they are much more expensive than Android tablets.
KJQ is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Al4ric

Old June 12th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Hi,

So I'm guessing Android version will not be available? I would also like version for phones, not tablets only.

I think that all products (AB and Hero Lab) should be available for android. Now that most phones are smartphones and 900000 android deveces are activated daily (!) it would be good direction to move.

I mean it is so much more convenient then just use it on computer and print out pdf file.
Al4ric is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
in8sworld

Old June 20th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I'm another ASUS Transformer owner so I would vote for android app. Need to renew my subscription and get up to date, but would love to be able to run this on my tablet. Being able to dump a mobile copy from my laptop is better than nothing, but what I'm usually doing is futzing with different list ideas.

http://www.in8sworld.net/photos/games
in8sworld is offline   #20 Reply With Quote