Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Valyar

Old August 14th, 2018, 10:41 PM
Soon...

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old April 12th, 2019, 09:51 PM
I'm using my wand of Cure Light on this thread to help answer a question.

What is the "comparable content in size?" In the Kickstarter Update someone posted a quote from Update 92, "If you’re wondering what you might be able to replace it with, we highly recommend Curse of The Crimson Throne, The Emerald Spire Super Dungeon, or Rise of the Runelords, all of which should be available at launch." Looking at the Content Market The Emerald Spire Super Dungeon cost less than Curse of The Crimson Throne or Rise of the Runelords so it doesn't seem to be "comparable content in size" to me. It would actually be easier if we could get "comparable content" in credit that we could apply to what we want and if the cost is a little over we would pay the difference. I wouldn't mind having the Emerald Spire and the PDF (my account is Paizo linked) and paying the difference but if "comparable content in size" doesn't include the PDF it would be smarter to get Curse of the Crimson Throne since I have the PDF or buy the PDF for Rise of the Runelords and get the realm. So, what is "comparable content in size?"

FYI, others have posted the same question on Kickstarter.
ruhar is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 13th, 2019, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
I'm using my wand of Cure Light on this thread to help answer a question.

What is the "comparable content in size?" In the Kickstarter Update someone posted a quote from Update 92, "If you’re wondering what you might be able to replace it with, we highly recommend Curse of The Crimson Throne, The Emerald Spire Super Dungeon, or Rise of the Runelords, all of which should be available at launch." Looking at the Content Market The Emerald Spire Super Dungeon cost less than Curse of The Crimson Throne or Rise of the Runelords so it doesn't seem to be "comparable content in size" to me. It would actually be easier if we could get "comparable content" in credit that we could apply to what we want and if the cost is a little over we would pay the difference. I wouldn't mind having the Emerald Spire and the PDF (my account is Paizo linked) and paying the difference but if "comparable content in size" doesn't include the PDF it would be smarter to get Curse of the Crimson Throne since I have the PDF or buy the PDF for Rise of the Runelords and get the realm. So, what is "comparable content in size?"

FYI, others have posted the same question on Kickstarter.
I think previously that they've said that they can't provide the PDFs as part of the exchange.

Comparable in size seems to be any of the big campaigns - or you could ask for several smaller packages.

You have to submit the request by e-mail anyway, so that is the best place to find out if they are willing to provide what you want.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 13th, 2019, 07:03 AM
It was assumed, that 'The Blight' would be a full size campaign, comparable to other campaigns in the industry that run from 1st to 20th (so probably a little larger than the Paizo ones, which generally end in the upper teens, but in that ballpark in terms of word and page count).

The Emerald Spire is definitely a bit smaller; it's an awesome dungeon, especially if you run it on the early level of resources, instead of allowing later splat books and third party material. But, the book is a lot smaller than other full size campaigns.

I'd personally be interested in the redone Curse of the Crimson Throne or the Rise of the Runelords (but don't own the PDFs for either... yet), and wouldn't mind The Emerald Spire.

I'd like to see Way of the Wicked, as that was the best adventure path our group has been through, by any publisher. Literally everyone enjoyed it.

Zeitgeist would rock as well, but the compilation hard covers (there are three) show it would be a large adventure path/campaign setting.

I don't expect to see any FGG content, but would love Sword of Air, which seems about the same size as their Razor Coast. Their campaign setting would rock, of course, but no hopes of seeing that in Realm Works, unfortunately.

Ptolus would be awesome in Realm Works, as a setting. But that's a large book, especially with the optional resources set within the same city.
Ualaa is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old April 13th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
I'd like to see Way of the Wicked, as that was the best adventure path our group has been through, by any publisher. Literally everyone enjoyed it.
I agree with you. I ran the first book before my group broke up. I don't know about the players but I enjoyed it.

There are some other APs I'd like to see. I'm really disappointed that there aren't more available. I also thought the PF Core Rulebook and other rulebooks would be available. Maybe I misunderstood past discussions.
ruhar is offline   #55 Reply With Quote