Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zansha87

Old August 27th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Just a heads up to all, I just downloaded the update for 4th edition D&D and received an alert from my Anti-Virus (Avira) which identified a Trojan (TR) in the dandddownloader files. I don't know where it came from, but I have just removed it from my terminal.

It did not do this when I updated the Pathfinder, nor the previous 4th ed update.
Zansha87 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Hi there,

We've tested the downloader with multiple different antivirus solutions which haven't found any issues with it - we're confident that this is a false positive being reported by Avira. Due to how viruses are detected these days, the chance of a false positive is relatively high, so I assume the latest version of the downloaded just happens to look similar enough to a certain virus for Avira to freak out about it.

I've submitted it to their "false positive" update service, so they should be able to remove this from their virus listings soon. I'll post in this forum when we hear back from them.

Thanks for your report!
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 27th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I submitted it to Avira, who quickly replied with the following:

Quote:
Please find a detailed report concerning each individual sample below:
Filename Result
ddidownloader.exe FALSE POSITIVE

The file 'ddidownloader.exe' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm. Detection is removed from our virus definition file (VDF) with the version: 7.11.41.14.
So this issue should be fixed once your virus definitions update. Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old August 28th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Yes, it is fixed.
tkarn is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Zansha87

Old August 28th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I love Hero Lab and have been touting it every chance I get where I work (a local game & hobby store). Nothing like this has ever come up for me and it scared me that someone could do such a thing. I'm glad it turned out to be such a minor error.

I was surprised when it stated that there was a file, "TR/Spy.738304.17" attached to the downloader file.

Keep up the excellent work! I'll keep sending you more customers!

Zansha87

Last edited by Zansha87; August 28th, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Zansha87 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote