Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old June 17th, 2014, 09:31 PM
I have seen people use house rules where some skills cost more than other skills. A house rule that I have seen over at the Ronin Army (the new forum for Green Ronin that replaces the Atomic Think Tank) is that all skills cost 1/3, but Close Combat and Ranged Combat still cost 1/2.

Getting it to 1/3 is the easy part. You go to the Configure Hero and select that. Easy.

But setting Close Combat and Ranged Combat are also easy to do.

My house rules are the only rules to be used, so what I did was I made copies of those two skills and then I did "Replace ID" for their originals. If you do this, DO NOT give them a source, so that they will always replace it and not make a mess of things when you want to load pre-made characters (as they might not have your special source checked).

You can put it in the same Eval script that is already in those skills, but I made an additional eval script for each.
Traits Calculation, 15000
Code:
~This makes Close Combat cost 1/2 regardless of other skill cost
this.field[PPCost].value = 0.5 * this.field[TotalPerm].value
Note that I did not use +=. In my case I wanted to replace them with 1/2 cost. This way they will always be 1/2. regardless of the Configure Hero choice.

I just wanted to share this as I think that I am one of the few people that makes rules mods for Hero Lab for Mutants and Masterminds.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
cinder

Old April 10th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Would this work for 2e? I want to make sub skills that are 2 ranks per point(not PP, skill point). i.e. For 1 PP, you could get 8 ranks in a skill.

If not, would you be so kind as to give me some advice?

Thanks!
cinder is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 16th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Yup. Just change the code above to 0.125 instead of 0.5. The only catch is that the game does not display eighths in the interface.
Attached Files
File Type: email Balancing.user (657 Bytes, 10 views)
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
cinder

Old April 17th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Thanks!
cinder is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 19th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Ah. I made an error. You need "User", not "TotalPerm" in the above. Otherwise, it charges you for ranks gained from the supporting attribute.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote