Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AEIOU

Old September 22nd, 2014, 05:24 PM
I totally hear you Farling.... In other areas, LW has followed the voice of reason. I hope they do here too. It needs to be easy and accessible for normal gamers.
AEIOU is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
Barwickian

Old September 28th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
My worry is that because some of the in-game calendars are complex, we are not going to have the abilty to quickly enter dates using the keyboard for any of the calendars.
I don't mind having to work through the calendar system (rather than text entry) in the slightest. What I want it exactly what LW is offering: the ability to create custom calendars.

I want Golarion, Greyhawk, Glorantha, Harn, Third Imperium and whatever else my devious little mind will come up with.

The 5-star result, the icing on the cake, would be the ability to run multiple calendars (Human compared to Elven; Imperial, Terran and Vilani; Gregorian and Islamic), but I can cope without that so long as creating my realms' primary calendars is supported.
Barwickian is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
LSLundy

Old October 1st, 2014, 04:38 PM
+1 from me - this would be really, real;y useful! Thanks!
LSLundy is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
kate

Old October 2nd, 2014, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barwickian View Post
I don't mind having to work through the calendar system (rather than text entry) in the slightest. What I want it exactly what LW is offering: the ability to create custom calendars.
Agreed. It might be a little slow without text enty, but right now we can't use custom calendars at all. As a result I can't effectively use the timeline feature or any of the date-based snippets.
kate is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old October 2nd, 2014, 02:39 PM
Incase you didn't see in other posting......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
PE is first priority over the Content Market and web app. That's why the majority of what we're working on right now is PE or PE-related, and why we're releasing it first.

Calendars are also a much higher priority than the UI customizations we've been discussing in this thread.

Many of the backend systems to fully support Calendars are in place already. There's more work to do, but it's not going to be nearly the same level of effort as the Content Market and web app.

This means that Calendars are likely going to be worked on in parallel with the development of the Content Market and web app, rather than strictly in sequence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
insert happy dance

Sorry guys I want UI too, but need calendars
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #145 Reply With Quote
Ermintrude

Old October 4th, 2014, 03:53 AM
The Calendar function is number 1 on my list of 'must-haves'. Everything else can wait, as far as I'm concerned. Content is much less useful if I can't date-stamp it. Ideally I'd be able to have a valid date range for content, or a start date, or end date. Finally, I'd love to be able to filter my storyboard by date ranges.
Ermintrude is offline   #146 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorscape View Post
+1 to all this.
Also I wonder if it could be possible to enter less precise dates. By that I mean, if the players only know that a certain thing happened a certain year but not the exact day (or if I just haven't decided the exact date&time yet) I would like to be able to just enter a year, or a year and a month, etc. etc.
Calendar dates are exactly that - concrete dates that occur at specific times in the history of your world. If you want something less precise, then it's not actually a date. In a situation like this, there are two approaches that can be used. Option #1 is to not reveal the actual date and instead reveal the approximate time as text. Option #2 is to define a date-range snippet that identifies the span within which the event actually occurred and reveal that. Using your example, the date-range would start at the beginning of the year and run until the end of the year. Once the players learn the exact date, the precise date-based snippet can be revealed.
rob is offline   #147 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2014, 05:19 AM
I just combed through this entire thread as we put together the upcoming survey, and there have been some great ideas suggested! Most of them, we've already thought of, but there were a few that we hadn't. I've noted those down so we can strive to include them when we ultimately get to working on the custom calendars.

I'd love to get calendar support added to Realm Works. Given how popular this thread has been, I expect it to rank high when we compile the survey results. The big question is whether it will be at the top or just a little bit down from the top. We'll know in the upcoming weeks!
rob is offline   #148 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old October 6th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Yesssssssss. Custom calendarsssssss. My preeeeciousssssssssssssssss.

Ahem. Sorry. Zoned out for a minute, there. Where was I?

I've said it elsewhere, but I'll be pushing pretty hard to get calendars to the top of the list, and I know it's really important to a lot of people. It will take something pretty darn special for it to drop below the top of my list.

I'm also very aware that there are a number of users who don't feel the need as much as I do, so if, once the survey comes out, anyone just wants me to shut the hell up about calendars, I'll take it under advisement (and as a firm directive, if it comes from someone at LWD).

(My preeeecioussssssssssssssss....)
Chemlak is offline   #149 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old October 6th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Yesssssssss. Custom calendarsssssss. My preeeeciousssssssssssssssss.

Ahem. Sorry. Zoned out for a minute, there. Where was I?

I've said it elsewhere, but I'll be pushing pretty hard to get calendars to the top of the list, and I know it's really important to a lot of people. It will take something pretty darn special for it to drop below the top of my list.

I'm also very aware that there are a number of users who don't feel the need as much as I do, so if, once the survey comes out, anyone just wants me to shut the hell up about calendars, I'll take it under advisement (and as a firm directive, if it comes from someone at LWD).

(My preeeecioussssssssssssssss....)
I am right here with ya, after player Edition Calendars are my #1 desired feature. With out Calendars there is no time, with out time there is no....
Exmortis is offline   #150 Reply With Quote