Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Cortex System

Notices

anvil

Old July 16th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Are the weapons from BSG entered, if so how do I find them. If not, is there a tutorial somewhere so that I might add them? So far this is my only question, nice, easy to use program.

Thanks for the help.
anvil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 16th, 2009, 08:57 AM
What's missing?

You selected BSG as your only game system choice, and no weapons show up in the list? Or do they have different names? If that's the case, there's a FAQ entry for that - help menu - FAQ. Because most of the weapon names contain TV show IP (the names of the colonies), and we have a license with MWP for the Cortex game system, not with the TV show for their IP. So, I tried my best not to use the IP, but make it clear what I was referring to, which is why you'll see "Evil Robot Footsoldier" in the stock portfolios, instead of "Cylon Centurion".
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
anvil

Old July 16th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Ah, I see. Is there a way to edit these for personal use only? (I find the 700+ page manual a little daunting so I'm cheating by asking)
anvil is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 16th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Yes. Go into the editor, and to one of the weapon tabs. Press New (Copy) on the bottom left, and select a BSG weapon (but before clicking OK, write down the unique ID of the original - for example, the first BSG weapon in the ranged weapons list is the Baretta M12 - called the Leo M12 in BSG, so you'll note that it's unique ID is "wpSuLeoM12").

Now, click "OK". On the far right, about the middle of the screen, you'll find a field labeled "Replaces Thing ID" - enter the unique ID of the thing you want to replace in that field. Now, at the top, change the name, enter a new unique ID for your replacement (appending an "A" to the end of all the existing unique IDs might be a good system for choosing unique IDs - "wpSuLeoM1A" in this example).
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote