Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AkosPrime

Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Thanks Akos... You're correct: The current version of my sheet doesn't use the options that you set in Hero Lab. In the next version, I intend to use those options as the default (where possible and meaningful) and allow you to override them in the sheet.
That will be fantastic! Your output sheet is amazing and has everything else I've looked for, so this will just be icing on an already sweet cake.
AkosPrime is offline   #351 Reply With Quote
Soulkeeper

Old July 5th, 2012, 06:18 AM
AncientOne, first, excellent sheet. Once we saw it, my players insist on it.

I did want to point out a small issue we saw for the first time yesterday. One character (out of 5) now prints wrong. I "think" it has to do with the number of weapons printing, but not 100% sure.

It seems to page break after the top details (player name, char name, etc). I'm including a PDF for visual. It printed fine at level 1, this was level 2 when they asked me to enable the weapon blocks for unarmed.

I fiddled with it to fix it, but unless I shrink the print output to near 80%, it will not connect. Normally we use the default, shrink to visible on page setting.

Thanks for the sheet!

P.S I use Firefox as a browser, on a PC (win 7).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Thanor.pdf (149.5 KB, 38 views)
Soulkeeper is offline   #352 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old July 5th, 2012, 06:51 AM
I wish to make a custom sheet (just fiddling a bit) of the default sheet in the program but I can't seem to find it to use as a template.

I just want to change the headings some to better reflect what is under them.

For example instead of just GEAR change it to GEAR & AWARDS to show that vanity and prestige awards show up there. And so on.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #353 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 5th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Hi Soulkeeper... thanks for your comments!

You're correct about the problem -- there is too much information to fit on one page (in this case, too many weapons), so the browser is inserting a page-break at a point that it thinks is best.

You can use either (or both) of two different workarounds to fix this:

1) Use the control panel to change your weapon layout to 'Compact'. This would shrink the space used by the weapons and probably allow them to fit on the page.

2) Use the control panel to 'enable item hiding' and then hide one or more of the weapons until the remaining fit on the page. For example, a lot of characters don't really use "Unarmed Strike".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulkeeper View Post
AncientOne, first, excellent sheet. Once we saw it, my players insist on it.

I did want to point out a small issue we saw for the first time yesterday. One character (out of 5) now prints wrong. I "think" it has to do with the number of weapons printing, but not 100% sure.

It seems to page break after the top details (player name, char name, etc). I'm including a PDF for visual. It printed fine at level 1, this was level 2 when they asked me to enable the weapon blocks for unarmed.

I fiddled with it to fix it, but unless I shrink the print output to near 80%, it will not connect. Normally we use the default, shrink to visible on page setting.

Thanks for the sheet!

P.S I use Firefox as a browser, on a PC (win 7).

Last edited by AncientOne; July 5th, 2012 at 07:21 AM.
AncientOne is offline   #354 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 5th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2013 View Post
I wish to make a custom sheet (just fiddling a bit) of the default sheet in the program but I can't seem to find it to use as a template.

I just want to change the headings some to better reflect what is under them.

For example instead of just GEAR change it to GEAR & AWARDS to show that vanity and prestige awards show up there. And so on.
I don't think the default character sheet can be changed. You would need to create a new custom sheet that mimics all of the default sheet (or all of it that you care about) except with your changes.

However, I'm under the impression that the default sheet is not generated from XML (as all the custom sheets are) and therefore it has access to data that none of the custom sheets have access to. If you create a custom sheet, that may or may not be a problem for you, depending on what you're interested in.
AncientOne is offline   #355 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 5th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Hi All...

It seems to me that this thread has gone on for quite a while and covered a lot of ground since its opening posts.

I'm thinking of starting a new thread for news, issues and FAQs related to my custom sheet. I thought that would make it easier for people to find current/relevant information and the answers to frequently-asked questions.

Does anyone object?

Last edited by AncientOne; July 5th, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
AncientOne is offline   #356 Reply With Quote
Soulkeeper

Old July 5th, 2012, 07:50 AM
I don't object at all.

I do have a follow up question on my original. You are 100% correct, I was able to go compact or hide items and make it work. Which got me thinking. There is a lot of empty space on my front page, almost 6" under languages. A toggle option to swap weapons and languages, or just move languages to page 2?

However, thank you it did fix our printing issue!

EDIT: Never mind, i see that you do sort of give options to move things, not weapons, but you can move resources under languages, which mine was off and produced all that empty space.

Last edited by Soulkeeper; July 5th, 2012 at 07:58 AM.
Soulkeeper is offline   #357 Reply With Quote
Professor Z

Old July 7th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Hello Ancient One, I love the look of your sheets.

However I seem to have found a possible bug in your output. When creating an alchemist, you don't seem to be adding the dex bonus to the ranged attack bonus of the bombs. I might take a look at it myself to see what the problem is but I thought I would pass it on.

I'm using the version that is part of the Hero Labs update system so if there is a newer version, and its been fixed, could you point me to a newer version?

Last edited by Professor Z; July 7th, 2012 at 07:53 AM. Reason: indicated which version i'm using
Professor Z is offline   #358 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Z View Post
Hello Ancient One, I love the look of your sheets.

However I seem to have found a possible bug in your output. When creating an alchemist, you don't seem to be adding the dex bonus to the ranged attack bonus of the bombs. I might take a look at it myself to see what the problem is but I thought I would pass it on.

I'm using the version that is part of the Hero Labs update system so if there is a newer version, and its been fixed, could you point me to a newer version?
Thanks for reporting this, Professor. It looks like I'm pulling the wrong value from the XML for the alchemist bomb. (For some reason, the XML includes a melee attack value--which doesn't include the dex bonus--for the bomb even though it's in the "ranged" weapon group, and that's what you're seeing displayed.)

The current version is in the update system, but the next version will be ready soon. I'll include a fix for this.
AncientOne is offline   #359 Reply With Quote
Professor Z

Old July 7th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Thanks for reporting this, Professor. It looks like I'm pulling the wrong value from the XML for the alchemist bomb. (For some reason, the XML includes a melee attack value--which doesn't include the dex bonus--for the bomb even though it's in the "ranged" weapon group, and that's what you're seeing displayed.)

The current version is in the update system, but the next version will be ready soon. I'll include a fix for this.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I also noticed that when adding a javelin, it has the same behavor. it displays the melee attack bonus but not the ranged one. But that might be due to how I added the javelin weapon as I'm fairly new at both pathfinder and using hero labs.
Professor Z is offline   #360 Reply With Quote