Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

kurviak

Old February 22nd, 2018, 04:00 PM
I made a vigilante NPC and the dexterity is not been applied to the attack bonus it is using strength instead.

I also tried to use the Serial killer archetype and the Studied target ability wasn't applied a 4th level
kurviak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:57 AM
Well what weapon are you using?, it seems to work for me
ErinRigh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kurviak

Old February 23rd, 2018, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Well what weapon are you using?, it seems to work for me
short sword
kurviak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 23rd, 2018, 09:51 PM
'Lethal Grace' is based on Weapon Finesse, so it will only apply your DEX bonus to attack if you use a LIGHT weapon (or rapier), etc. Like Erin says - what weapon does your Hero have?
The Serial Killer archetype: "At 4th level, a serial killer gains the studied target ability of a slayer 3 levels lower". No error there.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farganger

Old September 12th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
'Lethal Grace' is based on Weapon Finesse, so it will only apply your DEX bonus to attack if you use a LIGHT weapon (or rapier), etc. Like Erin says - what weapon does your Hero have?
The Serial Killer archetype: "At 4th level, a serial killer gains the studied target ability of a slayer 3 levels lower". No error there.
I have the same problem, I think, with the Serial Killer archetype. Yes, Studied Target and the apposite text are shown as a level 4 item under the Vigilante tab, but it's grayed out in the same way Replaced items are when an Archetype modifies them, but without the "(Replaced)" notation. Studied Target does not appear under the Special tab or anywhere else as an available ability. No outputs, from stat block to the usual choices, show it, and it's not something that can be toggled on or off on the In-Play tab.

Studied Target has always worked as expected for me on Slayer NPCs...
Farganger is offline   #5 Reply With Quote