Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LeeSmith

Old December 14th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Thanks daplunk, your video was spot on.
LeeSmith is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old December 16th, 2016, 06:52 AM
I can't recommend those videos highly enough to both new and old. He does a great job of showing how to do things, talks about why he does it, and then whether he is even happy with the way it works. Invaluable for users both new and old. All this with a great accent.

How he has time for all these projects and having two small kids is beyond me but I really appreciate his efforts.
Gord is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 16th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Thanks mate ��

I'm going to not be around for a bit though... I work for a very large it organisation supporting a very large government body who is all over the national news right now for a very bad situation.... And apparently that involves 23 hours shift....

See you on the other side!

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
mazzy

Old December 16th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Thanks mate ��

I'm going to not be around for a bit though... I work for a very large it organisation supporting a very large government body who is all over the national news right now for a very bad situation.... And apparently that involves 23 hours shift....

See you on the other side!
Oh dear, that sounds a bit scary... hopefully you'll be back soon, if not then i wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas
mazzy is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Billy277

Old January 14th, 2017, 09:03 PM
What's the difference between World Almanac and Story Almanac? I get that Story is sort of meant to be a subset of World, but what would be the drawback to just listing everything under World?
Billy277 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Avi

Old January 14th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy277 View Post
What's the difference between World Almanac and Story Almanac? I get that Story is sort of meant to be a subset of World, but what would be the drawback to just listing everything under World?
A) Just to clarify it's no longer World v.s. Story, but world v.s. Views (as you can create multiple views with selected content, and Story is just one of them)

B) The data ALL resides under the World Almanac, the views are just display filters.

C) There is no technical drawback its a matter of convenience. Views help de-clutter your navigation screens.

D) With the Export Partial Realms - Views can help you define the data you want and then assign Export-Tags to all relevant data.

Happy Gamimg
Avi is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Billy277

Old January 14th, 2017, 11:56 PM
Thanks! I've got another question about content categories too:

Is it possible to move a character/group/place into a "contained" list or place after the fact? For example, I created a town, then the country it was in. I realized the town should be a contained topic under the country, but I wasn't able to move it. I ended up deleting the initial town and creating it again using "Create contained topic." Is there a way to prevent me having to do that in the future?
Billy277 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Avi

Old January 15th, 2017, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Is it possible to move a character/group/place into a "contained" list or place after the fact?

Drag and Drop should work on the navigation pane
Avi is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 15th, 2017, 01:11 AM
In addition to drag-and-drop, you can set the container for an topic/article near the top within the transitions pane on the right. But drag-and-drop is usually the fastest and easiest.
rob is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 15th, 2017, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Thanks! I've got another question about content categories too:

Is it possible to move a character/group/place into a "contained" list or place after the fact? For example, I created a town, then the country it was in. I realized the town should be a contained topic under the country, but I wasn't able to move it. I ended up deleting the initial town and creating it again using "Create contained topic." Is there a way to prevent me having to do that in the future?
yes.

I've found that drag and drop isn't the easiest thing in RW but if you look on the right side of the interface, with the topic you want to move open, you will see Containing Topic with the current container for the topic and one of the hammer and wrench option icons. If you left click the icon you get 2 options. Clear the Container and Replace the Container. If the topic doesn't have a current container the line for Containing Topic will instead have a blue circle + symbol which allows you to add one.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote