Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nightfox

Old September 7th, 2014, 11:58 AM
First the "fluff". A couple years ago the characters in our campaign were nearly drowned in raw chaos energy which unlocked some dormant magical or psionic potential. For the "Crunch", each of the characters gained a couple of first level spells/powers, and spell slots/power points equivalent to a first level sorcerer/psion. As 18th level characters, it offered us a little extra utility without breaking the balance. A couple months later we defeated the BBG and ended the campaign. Originally I created a class variant for the character that added manifester ability, a couple first level powers and some power points. When I notices errors in the way the DC's and power points were calculated, I added Eval Scripts to correct.

Now there's talk about dusting off these old characters and running an epic campaign. Excited, I loaded in the old character and was buried under error messages due to all the updates over the last several years to HL and the d20 community files. I've spent the last week going through and recreating everything from the character, and I just about have it back were it was, except for one final error message:

Linkage pick 'psiattr' not located for current context
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'pcnHaste' (Eval Scirpt '#2') near line 7

I understand that despite being on the Haste adjustment, the script is supposed to correct errors in power point totals. Is there a way to bypass this error with the class variant I have, or can someone offer a suggestion on a better way to go about adding powers to a class that would not trip this error?
Nightfox is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 7th, 2014, 06:28 PM
I'd like to help, but I would need a way to re-create your situation. Would it be possible for you to send me the portfolio and any necessary .user files? You can post files here or email me at my user name here at gmail.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old October 15th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Sendric,
I've had to go back and recreate a lot of my data files, and in so doing I am trying to keep them better organized. Can you look over this and let me know what I have or have not done which is causing the error (same error as above).

the class is "SoulKnife" and the class variant "Soulknife (Hidden Talent)".
Attached Files
File Type: email FOX - Soulknife Fix.user (40.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: email Fox - Soulknife Modifications.user (1.2 KB, 1 views)
Nightfox is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 20th, 2015, 10:15 AM
I've started to take a look at this. It's possible there's a core issue with how Class Variants add Psionics to a character, but I'll keep digging. The linkage stuff isn't really my area of expertise, but if I come up with anything I'll let you know.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old October 20th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Thanks for any help. I've been working on it, and I think it has something of a timing issue. From what I can tell the linkage is looking only at the base class, which in this case does not have a psiattr associated with it by default. I've tried adding script to add the a PsiAttr tag to the base class, but it still throws up the error so I'm not sure if it is the tag it is looking for, or something else.

So far the only solution I have is to create a copy of the xCorrector special to replace the community file and add a couple lines to the eval script to ignore the class if the class variant is present. However that is a one-off solution that I'm sure will come back to bite me if I do any more work with these class variants down the line. I'd rather find a solution that does not involve changing or replacing community files if at all possible.
Nightfox is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 21st, 2015, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfox View Post
Thanks for any help. I've been working on it, and I think it has something of a timing issue. From what I can tell the linkage is looking only at the base class, which in this case does not have a psiattr associated with it by default. I've tried adding script to add the a PsiAttr tag to the base class, but it still throws up the error so I'm not sure if it is the tag it is looking for, or something else.

So far the only solution I have is to create a copy of the xCorrector special to replace the community file and add a couple lines to the eval script to ignore the class if the class variant is present. However that is a one-off solution that I'm sure will come back to bite me if I do any more work with these class variants down the line. I'd rather find a solution that does not involve changing or replacing community files if at all possible.
Still looking into it. I was also looking at the PsiAttr tag, but it appears that is an over-ride tag, and has nothing to do with the error we are seeing. That tag tells the base class that we should no longer use whatever attribute we were using, and should now use the new one. I'm having a hard time tracking down what tag/field this tag overwrites.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 21st, 2015, 10:11 AM
Will dropping in the above .user files in with the community files allow me to get the above error? I can try and take a look soon if that is the case. If you would like me to that is.....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 21st, 2015, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Will dropping in the above .user files in with the community files allow me to get the above error? I can try and take a look soon if that is the case. If you would like me to that is.....
Yes, and please do. I think this issue may be beyond my ability.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old October 30th, 2015, 03:18 PM
It looks like a transition error. I seem to remember that my linkage stuff stopped working at some point during an HL release, and that I had to put the linkage directly on the Class.

Right, I recall now, I was using linkage to assign clerical domain stuff, but that got 'fixed' in one of the releases where the transition couldn't be done through a child thing. I could only get the linkage to work directly on the parent thing.

That's what my addled brain remembers about my problems with linkage. That said, if either Shadow or Sendric don't figure it out, I'll try taking a look at it as well.
Kendall-DM is offline   #9 Reply With Quote