Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

HoldenA

Old February 10th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Any idea when the next World of Darkness update will be, and if it will include stuff from the Armory Reloaded?
HoldenA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2010, 04:08 AM
I'm way behind on stuff, so I honestly haven't even looked at Armory Reloaded. Is there a specific subset of material that will get you by in the short term if I add it? I also need to get a bunch of Changeling stuff added, plus all the various requests everyone has posted.

We're expecting to release V3.6 of Hero Lab in a week or two. I'm expecting that we'll be releasing the new WoD files at the same time, which means I only have a few days of actual time to work on the WoD files during that span. Consequently, I won't be able to get everything in that I'd like and need to prioritize stuff. If you guys can prioritize things for me, that's great. Otherwise, I'll have to take my best guess. :-)
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
HoldenA

Old February 12th, 2010, 07:27 AM
The main thing I was looking for from the Armory Reloaded was the fighting style "Langschwert (pg. 83).

You seem to have a lot on your plate though! Good luck on getting as much done as possible, once again thanks for all the hard work!
HoldenA is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 15th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I haven't looked at that particular fighting style, but most fighting styles are pretty straightforward to implement via the Editor. You simply need to define each dot level as a "merit level" and then tie it all together with the actual merit itself. There are numerous examples of this with other fighting styles that you can model your approach after (and potentially just copy in the Editor). So you might consider giving it a try yourself if you really need that one merit soon.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 15th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
If you guys can prioritize things for me, that's great. Otherwise, I'll have to take my best guess. :-)
1. Second Sight
2. Armory II
3. Innocents
4. Dogs of War
dartnet is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Metaphysicus

Old February 16th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Quote:
If you guys can prioritize things for me, that's great. Otherwise, I'll have to take my best guess. :-)
Could you narrow it down for us?

Otherwise my choice would be:
  1. Book of Spirits
  2. Second Sight
  3. Changing Breeds
  4. Skinchangers
  5. Inferno
Metaphysicus is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jonbartels

Old February 16th, 2010, 02:45 AM
my choice are as follows:

1. the remaining changeling books
2. armory reloaded
3. werewolf, mage, etc.
jonbartels is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Noctivagus

Old February 16th, 2010, 07:10 AM
I second (or third?) Second Sight, Book of Spirit, and Inferno.
Noctivagus is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 16th, 2010, 07:43 AM
I say get the base books (second sight, dogs of war, etc.) and then start getting the others done.
dartnet is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
HoldenA

Old February 18th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
I haven't looked at that particular fighting style, but most fighting styles are pretty straightforward to implement via the Editor. You simply need to define each dot level as a "merit level" and then tie it all together with the actual merit itself. There are numerous examples of this with other fighting styles that you can model your approach after (and potentially just copy in the Editor). So you might consider giving it a try yourself if you really need that one merit soon.
As far as this goes, how will my editing/adding to the file effect updates?
HoldenA is offline   #10 Reply With Quote