Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

HoldenA

Old February 5th, 2010, 03:01 AM
My group uses the print outs for play, and there were two small things I was wondering if it was possible to add to the print outs.

1) Is there a way to make it so under the "Health" dots on the last three boxes there could be -1, -2, -3 notations added? We always hand write it in but I was wondering if there is a way to make it so it just prints it out?

2) Under the "Combat" stats on the top right of the sheet is there a way to have (maybe in parenthesis) after the number for "Defense" the armor rating?

-edit-

Also, is there any way to print out the info that one has under the "personal" tab?

Last edited by HoldenA; February 5th, 2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: wanted to add a question
HoldenA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pali

Old February 6th, 2010, 12:14 AM
1) see http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9528
Pali is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
HoldenA

Old February 6th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Nice to know it's added to the list!! I always forget it defaults to just showing the last month of entries, can it be changed so it dosn't always default that?
HoldenA is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Pali

Old February 7th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Sure.

=> userCP => Settings & Options, Edit Options => Default Thread Age Cut Off: Show all threads
Pali is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldenA View Post
1) Is there a way to make it so under the "Health" dots on the last three boxes there could be -1, -2, -3 notations added? We always hand write it in but I was wondering if there is a way to make it so it just prints it out?
As pointed out, this is already on the list.

Quote:
2) Under the "Combat" stats on the top right of the sheet is there a way to have (maybe in parenthesis) after the number for "Defense" the armor rating?
And this has now been added to the list.

Quote:
Also, is there any way to print out the info that one has under the "personal" tab?
We've recently started adding that option to each game system. It's on the list to be added for WoD.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
HoldenA

Old February 11th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Once again Rob you (and the whole team) wrock my virtual socks! Your software is amazing and helpful up the wazoo and the support so far is beyond my expectations! Thanks guys!
HoldenA is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
I was just looking at this and ran into an issue. Most armor has two ratings (e.g. 2/3). That's going to make the text a good bit wider and will start encroaching on the spacing. Then there's the question of how to handle other armor effects, such as certain Changeling kiths. So I think I need to just limit the value to whatever the actual delta is that's being applied. Is that what you want shown?

Remember also that the proper armor rating info will be shown in the Armory section of the character sheet.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
HoldenA

Old February 12th, 2010, 07:41 AM
I guess what I had been initially looking for was both the armor scores (I had pictured it looking like this: Defence 1(1/2). But if it causes spacing problems that makes it undoab;e that is understandable. I know that I've had problems with some character names and Pledge names being too long and when it prints out they print out in font so small that it is not only unreadable but messes up the print alignment for everything else on that line, making parts of the sheet unreadable.

What do you mean by the "actual delta"?

Would there be a way for me to maybe change the layout of the print page so that the "combat" section and "Armory" section are closer together? Or maybe some how have the things from the combat section listed in with the Armory? I figure that ones a long shot, but intuitivly it seems like the two sections are so alike they should either be next to each other or part of the same list.

It also could just be that my Changling group is a much more physical/combat oriented group than others and this isn't a very frequent issue.

Also as a side note my players initially had a lot of confusion over wether they needed to manually modify the defence penalty caused by the armor they were wearing because in the Armory section after the defece rating it says Df:-1 or what ever is appropriate. I know they don't need to, and that Hero Lab auto does it for them, I was wondering how ever if this was a common confusion among users of the print out? At first glance it seems odd to have that mod. written out on the sheet when it's already applied. It seems... inconsistent with outer things on the print out, like the way everything else in the armory already has the dice pool total and so do all the rolls.
HoldenA is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 15th, 2010, 06:15 PM
What I've now done is added another entry to the Combat table at the top right of the character sheet. The new entry shows the net armor protection for the character, which includes armor and any other influences. I'm guessing this approach should centralize all the combat details that players regularly need, other than specific weapons. More substantive changes, such as a complete redesign of the character sheet, will have to wait until there's more time available to do so.

This is the first time that anybody has commented about the armor not being in the upper right. So I'm not sure whether most games involve less combat or if no one has considered it a big enough issue to complain about. In any case, it's been addressed on this end, so it will be fixed in the next update.

I haven't heard any complaints before in regards to the Defense rating of armor being confusing. However, that's certainly not conclusive evidence.

The reason that the modification is spelled out is in case armor is taken off or replaced during the course of the game. I've seen multiple games where characters are ambushed at vulnerable moments, in which case armor may not currently be worn and the appropriate adjustments need to be made. Having the numbers on the sheet makes that easy to do.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
HoldenA

Old February 17th, 2010, 10:08 AM
First off I found your comment "or if no one has considered it a big enough issue to complain about" hysterical! Isn't the internet for complaining about all the little things that aren't big enough to complain about in the real world?

Anyways, what you've done sounds wonderful! And your reasoning for why the armour is spelled out amkes perfect sense, maybe my players are just lazy and never change their clothes in game.... in fact, they don't know that I think of it. nasty....
HoldenA is offline   #10 Reply With Quote