Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Rule of Three

Old March 23rd, 2016, 06:47 AM
So, I've been poking at the various editor files and finding a great deal of enjoyment at my learning.

I started examining the various AFCs and do not know how to add a second specialization to a character. i assume this is a script area to poke at, but am not sure?

Any suggestions?
Rule of Three is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 23rd, 2016, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule of Three View Post
So, I've been poking at the various editor files and finding a great deal of enjoyment at my learning.

I started examining the various AFCs and do not know how to add a second specialization to a character. i assume this is a script area to poke at, but am not sure?

Any suggestions?
I don't know what you mean by AFC, but if you want to modify the number of specialties a wizard has, it's easy enough to do. All you need to do is modify the cGiveSpec field of cHelpWiz. This field controls how many custom abilities the class needs to choose. You can increase it thusly:

Code:
hero.child[cHelpWiz].field[cGiveSpec].value += 1
If you would like to find an example of this type of thing in use, I recommend grepping through the files and searching for "cGiveSpec". If you do not have GREP, you should get it (you can google search for Windows Grep if you are using a PC).

I find grep to be an invaluable tool for finding snippets of code I can use for reference.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Rule of Three

Old March 23rd, 2016, 09:55 AM
ACF I mean, sorry. The Changeling Wizard Alternate Class feature.

Thanks for the tips!! I'll grab GREP (I am on PC). Appreciate the direction.
Rule of Three is offline   #3 Reply With Quote