Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old January 25th, 2019, 10:48 AM
Question 1
If a thing has multiple sources selected for it, does that mean the thing is available if any of those sources are checked, or do all of the sources have to be checked for it to be available? I assume it's the former, but I want to be sure.

Question 2
When adding things like races and new racial abilities (mainly for adding monsters), is it standard practice to just label the base race with the source, not all the racials and things bootstrapped to it? I assume so, since theoretically the racials would only show up if the race is selected.
Fenris447 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 25th, 2019, 01:32 PM
Q1: Former. The item is available as long as one of its sources is chosen.
Q2: This answer from "Tips and tricks for Community Packs"
You should be Source Marking anything that is visible to be selected by a gamer. So the Things that should not be source marked are "Racial Specials" and "Class Specials". "Abilities" are sometimes source marked and sometimes no. In example if you add a new "DR" ability that should NOT be source marked and it should be in placed in the Basic Pack even. If you add an Ability to support a specific feat or Thing then you can feel free to source mark it.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote