Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SkidAce

Old November 5th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Running fine after the update. Purchased 4E and about to purchase d20/3.5.
SkidAce is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
DMSamuel

Old November 5th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Wow - that was wicked fast customer service! I tried it again and it worked just fine. I am building a PC as we speak (to test out the system) and am very pleased with what I see so far.

Thanks for this tool - very very cool Lone Wolf! Very Cool!
DMSamuel is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Koranak

Old November 6th, 2010, 09:14 PM
So... I just downloaded the demo (V3.6e), and I'm telling it to grab data from my DDI account. It said "Login secceeded.", so that seems fine, but I'm seeing nothing but a giant string of !s after "Downloading approx. 134 deity entries...". Since this seems to be all of them rather than just a couple of them, I assume I should worry about it? Any idea what might be wrong? I haven't poked around for too terribly long on this forum, so I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but I didn't see it so far.
Koranak is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
SkidAce

Old November 7th, 2010, 05:27 AM
If you are getting all !!!s it means the Wizards web page is thinking you are not logged in. I got around that by quiting the program and relogging in at a different time.

If it is just a few !!!s, then let it finish and it will go back and retry to get them.
SkidAce is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old November 7th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Hey all had hard time running the downloader, hung up my windows 7 system my output.txt is to big to upload, but HL seems to be running ok.
SAbel is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Koranak

Old November 7th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidAce View Post
If you are getting all !!!s it means the Wizards web page is thinking you are not logged in. I got around that by quiting the program and relogging in at a different time.

If it is just a few !!!s, then let it finish and it will go back and retry to get them.
I don't think it's a "try at a different time" issue... yesterday evening, letting it run overnight, and starting it again now all have had the same results.

When I go to a browser the login works fine, and the ddidownloader starts out with "Login successful", so it seems to think it's logging in fine... but I let it run overnight and every single area was nothing but !s (roughly twice as many of them as there should be items for it to download for that section, it looks like).

I'm starting to suspect this somehow relates to my Internet Explorer settings, as I have that locked down super tight and avoid it like the plague that it is... I hate to risk letting it out of it's cave, but I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
Koranak is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Koranak

Old November 7th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Yep, making wizards.com a trusted zone and setting trusted zones to medium-low security fixed the problem.
Koranak is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Malacandra

Old November 18th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Well, I got well into the Powers and then the !!!!s started appearing so I quit.

Now, I can't even get to the first set: Deities just keep starting off with !!!!s.
This is a real bummer since I see this as an alternative to the CB itself which I have yet to run problems. I run a Linux box and while I have Windows XP in Virtualbox, the CB is slow, laggy and crashes. I can't use it on Linux as Moonlight won't parse the page.

As for Hero Lab, I've been trying it in Wine and it seems to run with no problems. I just can't get the ddidownloader to work.

Very frustrating and I'd like some suggestions as I'm waiting to buy based on whether it's actually going to work or not.

Thanks.
Malacandra is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 18th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Right now Wizards is having some difficulties (to be gentle) with their new web based Character Builder System... I wouldn't be surprised that the system drain put on their servers is potentially messing up downloads via ddidownloader.

However, when you re-ran ddidownloader, did you first choose to delete your data? I wonder if it's bumping up against itself possibly.
cryptoknight is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Malacandra

Old November 18th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
Right now Wizards is having some difficulties (to be gentle) with their new web based Character Builder System... I wouldn't be surprised that the system drain put on their servers is potentially messing up downloads via ddidownloader.

However, when you re-ran ddidownloader, did you first choose to delete your data? I wonder if it's bumping up against itself possibly.
I did not but will try that. And yeah, I figured they might just have some server overload too... their site seems to hang often for me for some reason anyway...
Malacandra is offline   #40 Reply With Quote