Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Dami

Old March 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
I have HL installed on my desktop computer (D&D 3.5 licence) and I've created portfolios for my 3.5 D&D Party, and portfolios for Monsters and NPCs that are in the adventure they are currently playing.

I've got HL Demo version running on 2 laptops with all my created data files copied over, in order to use the laptop during game sessions. (setup the 2nd laptop to see if I got the same error)
Tonight I've encountered an error that only occurs on the laptops...
I load the main portfolio (7 characters & 3 familiars/companions) then attempt to load in NPC's/monsters - I can load up to 3 more creatures in fine, but as soon as I load 4+ (whether individually or all at once) I get a loading error...

"Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these can be found in C:\DOCUM~... <snipped> The import failed in a way that was non-recoverable. Since you are in demo mode, no restoration of your previous state is possible. In licensed mode, your previous state would be properly restored in this situation."

It leaves me with only a "Unnamed hero" in both the Tac Console & main window. (And the error file doesn't actually contain any errors, it just states the second half of the original error message.)

Has anyone else seen this?
Have I perhaps missed copying a file across to the laptops, or am I trying to load more PC's/NPC's into the Tactical Console than the Demo version can cope with???
Dami is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 1st, 2013, 01:41 AM
Problem solved...
It appears to be a limit to the number of entries in the Tactical Console when you run in demo mode.
I activated my secondary licence on my laptop and I can now add as many entries as I have required.

I ran two D&D sessions over Easter and was very impressed with what I could do using Hero Labs during the sessions.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote