Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

GThiel

Old March 3rd, 2017, 09:02 AM
I've been adding quite a bit of info into Mechanics and have come across some things that I wish would be "corrected." None of these are fatal, but they do add extra time and work on my part. I have some issues with my hands and any extraneous key strokes/clicks can hamper my getting info in.

1. Duplicate article. When I am adding a series of similar items, I set up a generic article, and duplicate it to add items. When ever an article is duplicated, a pop-up comes up to info me that it might take some time to do the process. It takes longer to click on the OK than it does to duplicate the article. Either get rid of the pop-up or at least allow a check box to not show the message.

2. Copy and Paste from PDF. Whenever I do a copy and paste, I am warned that formatting may not be correct. I know that, and am prepared to fix any messed up formatting. Add a check box so that the message is no longer displayed.

3. Tag Options. When adding Tags to an article, after clicking on the "Show Tag Options," a drop down appears with only one option "Modify Tag Assignments." Since there is only one option, why not go directly to the Assign Tags to Topics pop-up. If in the future more options are offered then the drop-down could be re-instated.

If anyone has other "simple annoyances" feel free to add them.

(As a programmer of 30+ years, I know that "simple" really isn't :-) )
GThiel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old March 3rd, 2017, 10:54 PM
1:
I agree. Maybe it could be made so, that if the process is ongoing after - say - 5 or 10 seconds (users are an impatient lot), a requester pops up saying it will take some time yet. Is probably not that simple to make.

2: I agree.

3: I agree.

Then perhaps a tab in settings where you can turn this informative boxes on and off.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ckorik

Old March 4th, 2017, 04:45 AM
The ability to hit enter on any dialog - there are several that require you to mouse to them after they open.

I'd like the ability to re-assign shortcuts - especially the ctl-alt-v for paste. My fingers would love this also.
Ckorik is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old March 5th, 2017, 03:57 AM
+1 to all of the above.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old March 6th, 2017, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GThiel View Post
1. Duplicate article. When I am adding a series of similar items, I set up a generic article, and duplicate it to add items. When ever an article is duplicated, a pop-up comes up to info me that it might take some time to do the process. It takes longer to click on the OK than it does to duplicate the article. Either get rid of the pop-up or at least allow a check box to not show the message.

2. Copy and Paste from PDF. Whenever I do a copy and paste, I am warned that formatting may not be correct. I know that, and am prepared to fix any messed up formatting. Add a check box so that the message is no longer displayed.

3. Tag Options. When adding Tags to an article, after clicking on the "Show Tag Options," a drop down appears with only one option "Modify Tag Assignments." Since there is only one option, why not go directly to the Assign Tags to Topics pop-up. If in the future more options are offered then the drop-down could be re-instated.
1. I agree absolutely!

2. You can use ctrl+alt+V to paste the things without formatting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckorik View Post
The ability to hit enter on any dialog - there are several that require you to mouse to them after they open.

I'd like the ability to re-assign shortcuts - especially the ctl-alt-v for paste. My fingers would love this also.
+1 to these too!
Merion is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old March 7th, 2017, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
2. You can use ctrl+alt+V to paste the things without formatting
It's not the formatting that's the issue for me, it's the extraneous keystrokes/clicks.

ctlr+V requires an additional keystroke/click to actually do the paste.

crtl+alt+V requires an extra key and then a selection of options to do a paste.

I just want to be able to paste and then go in and fix any formatting issues without having to acknowledge that formatting might be messed up.
GThiel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 7th, 2017, 03:53 AM
As a work around GThiel, if you have a keyboard with macro keys you can automate the excessive key strokes.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 7th, 2017, 07:02 AM
The issue for me with pasting without formatting is that I often want to change ONLY the font typeface and size .. I want to preserve he italics and/or bold elements. But I can't do it .. I either paste it all as-is, or lose all formatting.

The ideal would be if Realm Works adjusted pasted font typeface and size to match the snippet styles defined previously.
Silveras is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Troedel

Old March 14th, 2017, 03:15 AM
The initial requests are all a +1 by me.

Perhaps a general button to tell RW to not bother again until the next restart with a kind of warning or other popup.
Troedel is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 14th, 2017, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
The issue for me with pasting without formatting is that I often want to change ONLY the font typeface and size .. I want to preserve he italics and/or bold elements. But I can't do it .. I either paste it all as-is, or lose all formatting.

The ideal would be if Realm Works adjusted pasted font typeface and size to match the snippet styles defined previously.
Knowing which things to keep and which to discard is impossible, it could vary by user or by paste operation. It is far simpler to simply have a way to strip everything and then let the user reapply what they want.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote