Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheMaskedFerret

Old December 20th, 2018, 06:44 AM
Changes:

Pathfinder Player Companion: Heroes of the Fringe
Page 3—Replace the last sentence of Mwangi Linguist with “In addition, you gain a +1 trait bonus on Linguistics checks to decipher writing.”

Page 4—The iron within alternate racial trait does not allow the dwarf to qualify as having a ki pool for any purpose (e.g. activating special items or qualifying for prerequisites) other than those listed in this ability.

Page 6—The deep tradition alternate racial trait’s bonus on attack rolls applies only against drow, duergar, creatures of the aberration type, and creatures with the giant or orc subtypes.

Page 17—Replace the penultimate sentence in the first paragraph of First World caller’s warp reality ability with the following: “If successful, he can apply two planar traits from the previous list, or any one of the following traits: no gravity, subjective directional gravity, erratic time, fire-dominant, water-dominant, minor negative-dominant, minor positive-dominant, or wild magic.” The First World caller cannot apply the erratic time trait in Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, yet it is included in this clarification for the sake of completeness.

Page 18—Add the following text to the end of the aura of laughter ability: “Deactivating this aura is a free action.”

Page 29—Replace the penultimate sentence in the scatter sling’s description with the following: “When the wielder of a scatter sling makes a ranged attack with the weapon using a nonmagical bullet as ammunition, she can have the bullet fragment into sharp pieces, dealing piercing damage equal to 1d3 plus the sling’s enhancement bonus (but not other bonuses) to each target in a 15-foot cone.”

Pathfinder Player Companion: Plane-Hopper's Handbook
Page 10-11—Planar power components can be used as material components, but they cannot be used as focuses.

Page 20-22—As stated in the text, characters with alternate elemental heritages gain affinities that “function as and can be replaced as” the standard air, earth, fire, and water affinities. They also count as the air, earth, fire, or water affinity racial traits for the purposes of determining benefits earned from Pathfinder Society boons.

Page 24—For all effects in the aeon eidolon’s 12th level ability, use the DC 10 + half the eidolon’s Hit Dice + the eidolon’s Charisma modifier.

Page 25—The following clarifications apply to the astral eidolon’s base evolutions. When melded with a summoned creature, an eidolon does not confer any benefits or detriments from spells, items, or any other effects to the summoned creature, other than those explicitly stated in the eidolon subtype. When the eidolon grants a new natural attack to a summoned creature, use the summoned creature’s abilities, size, and other statistics to determine the accuracy and damage of the attack. If any natural weapons granted by evolutions are similar to those that the summoned creature already possesses, the summoned creature can replace the base damage dice of these natural attacks with the base damage dice typical for that evolution.

Page 29—You can only use Lady Luck’s Guidance feat when you can see the open sky at night. The benefits of the feat last for up to 8 hours

Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Construct Handbook
Page 13—Replace the blood treatment ability’s description with the following: “A cruorchymist can give up some of this blood to restore his blood familiar. As a swift or immediate action, a cruorchymist can take a number of points of Constitution damage. His blood familiar heals 1d6 hit points for every 1 point of Constitution damage the cruorchymist inflicts upon himself in this way.”

Page 14—Replace the salvage armor ability’s description with the following: “Scrap from a construct grants the scrapper an enhancement bonus to his natural armor bonus to AC equal to one-quarter the construct’s Hit Dice (minimum +1). If the scrap is salvaged from a piece of armor, it instead grants an enhancement bonus to his natural armor bonus to AC equal to 1 + the armor’s enhancement bonus (if any). If the scrapper already has an enhancement bonus to his natural armor bonus from another source, he can choose to increase that bonus by 1 while both effects last (or by 2 if this ability would grant at least a +4 bonus to his natural armor bonus).”

Page 19—Machinebane oil bypasses a construct’s immunity to ability damage.

Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Faiths of Golarion
Page 5—The increases to luck bonuses granted by Fortunate Spells and Fortune’s Child do not stack with other effects that increase luck bonuses.

Page 44—Replace the first tenet of Magrim’s paladin code with the following: “The dead have earned their peace. I shall see them put to rest with respect and do my utmost to keep their graves and tombs honored. If I must disturb these places, I shall recover only what I need from the dead, doing my best to avoid damaging their remains.” Because Pathfinder Society scenarios often involve exploring tombs and even recovering important objects from them, this addition is intended to provide enough flexibility that a paladin of Magrim can participate in adventures.

Page 47—When using the game of chance or wager for Nivi Rhombodazzle’s obedience, chose some game that has a 50% chance of victory (such as flipping a coin or rolling an 11 or higher on a d20).

Page 59—When using the collective vision ability on more than one creature at once, the duration of the ability decreases to 1 round.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old December 20th, 2018, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedFerret View Post
Page 17—Replace the penultimate sentence in the first paragraph [...]
I know what that means, and you know what that means, but I'll bet a lot of folks won't know what penultimate means. Perhaps it's better to just say, "second to last"?

Otherwise, a very nice collection of updates. Thanks!
Azhrei is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old December 20th, 2018, 10:36 AM
I just copy what they wrote in the Pathfinder Society Campaign Clarifications.

@mods Should I be putting bug requests in for these?
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 20th, 2018, 11:53 AM
"Handle the PFS campaign clarifications" is already a project on our to-do list. Bug reports about one or two of the items or one or two books from that whole list will not be something we address on their own - they'll just be marked as sub-pieces of the parent project, and implemented along with the project as a whole.

Last edited by Mathias; December 20th, 2018 at 11:58 AM.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old December 21st, 2018, 08:59 AM
Ok. Should I continue posting that they have changed, then?
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2018, 09:39 AM
When we implement this, and when we implement additional resources updates, I would rather work from the original sources - that way, if we mis-copy something or miss an item it's our own fault, and not potentially someone else's mistake that we then work from. I know you're being careful, but copying things twice is just another chance for mistakes to be made.

Also, an individual post of a single set of updates may not reflect the exact set of books we need to update at that time - if we're behind on a book, then the additional resources changes for that book would be in a different post than the changes to another book, and finding those individual posts isn't as fast as just going to the additional resources page and looking things up directly.

Last edited by Mathias; December 21st, 2018 at 09:47 AM.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2018, 09:55 AM
What would be helpful is when Paizo does not list the changes by themselves - for example, the 1.1 update of the Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide is on my to-do list for this afternoon, but I'll need to find the changes from the previous update myself, so a diff of those files would be faster to work from. Also, when they hide official rulings inside forum posts, having a single, maintained list of links to those would be helpful.

Last edited by Mathias; December 21st, 2018 at 09:57 AM.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old December 23rd, 2018, 04:42 PM
Ok, can do
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #8 Reply With Quote