Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 23rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
FYI - we just released an update for the mac that solves a number of issues, including not being able to reopen the editor, and tooltips sometimes appearing directly over a button so you can't click them. Check the readme for the full list of fixes and improvements!
Colen is offline   #161 Reply With Quote
buzzby

Old March 24th, 2012, 01:58 AM
I've just installed this and now can't open my portfolios of characters (it crashes after making the portfolio selection).

Is there anything I need to submit to help troubleshoot?
buzzby is offline   #162 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old March 24th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Im not sure if this is a mac bug, or one in general, but when i create a custom wonderous item, no matter what i give for the unique id, it fails to save claiming its an invalid unique id.

ive tried about 20 or 25 different combinations.
mirtos is offline   #163 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 24th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
Im not sure if this is a mac bug, or one in general, but when i create a custom wonderous item, no matter what i give for the unique id, it fails to save claiming its an invalid unique id.

ive tried about 20 or 25 different combinations.
Is this item you're trying to create the only thing in this file you've created in the editor?

For example, if you used the "New (Copy)" option to look up how something else works, those copies will have bad unique Ids until you change their Ids.
Mathias is offline   #164 Reply With Quote
mattmanak

Old March 24th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Quick question. I'm trying to replace a .user file but I can't seem to find where they are for HL on my Mac. I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.3 and searches for .user files have been fruitless.

Thanks for any and all help!
mattmanak is offline   #165 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old March 24th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Is this item you're trying to create the only thing in this file you've created in the editor?

For example, if you used the "New (Copy)" option to look up how something else works, those copies will have bad unique Ids until you change their Ids.
I have done classes, variant classes, weapons, and class features without any issues. I do know about changing their IDs, but this is the first time ive create a wonderous item.

And as far as I can tell I am creating a completely valid id.

Last edited by mirtos; March 24th, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
mirtos is offline   #166 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old March 24th, 2012, 09:25 AM
nevermind, user error. sorry.
mirtos is offline   #167 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old March 24th, 2012, 09:54 AM
However, an actual bug. If Im doing something in the editor (for example, variant class), occasionally the modal of the editor freezes, and i cant do anything in it. I can go back to the previous window (the portfolio one, and quit from there, which loses all my changes in the editor).

This has happened to me twice today.

Once when i was selecitng a drop down, and once when i was done and about to test an item. Quitting hero lab entirely is the only way to recover, which means my changes in the editor are lost.

The editor doesnt always fail, but seems to be less reliable today. I just did an update today.

Last edited by mirtos; March 24th, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
mirtos is offline   #168 Reply With Quote
mattmanak

Old March 24th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Just for the record, I found the location of the data files on the Mac. For future reference for others they are in ~\Library\Application Support\Hero Lab\Data

I also wanted to thank Lone Wolf Development for making the Mac version of Hero Labs! It's really saving my bacon on some game development.

Matt Fosberg
mattmanak is offline   #169 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 24th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzby View Post
I've just installed this and now can't open my portfolios of characters (it crashes after making the portfolio selection).

Is there anything I need to submit to help troubleshoot?
Please email me the full crash report to colen@wolflair.com - you should be able to copy and paste it out of the crash report.
Colen is offline   #170 Reply With Quote