Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

BHough

Old March 3rd, 2017, 05:48 AM
I need to print my tactical console. Does anyone know how to do this? Im looking for 1 sheet with all the small stat blocks on them so I may keep track of them in a Table top game.
BHough is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old March 3rd, 2017, 01:17 PM
I think the only way you could do that would be a "Print Screen".
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
manchuwook

Old March 3rd, 2017, 01:28 PM
The hard way would be to do Custom Output, XML, entire portfolio, and then do an XSLT to transform it into a printable webpage.
manchuwook is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 3rd, 2017, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchuwook View Post
The hard way would be to do Custom Output, XML, entire portfolio, and then do an XSLT to transform it into a printable webpage.
Ouch. You've just made my brain hurt.

( In part that's just because I've looked at messing with print output from Hero Lab before, especially for making custom sheets or even outputting to a form-fillable pdf file, but it was just way too hard for me to work through it all, especially without any easily usable, or at least affordable, XSLT tranform tools.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
manchuwook

Old March 3rd, 2017, 01:33 PM
I'm a bit spoiled because I have an old copy of Altova Stylevision/XMLSpy.
manchuwook is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old May 12th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Use windows snipping tool and print that, easy peasy.
Dhrakken is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old May 12th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Yeah, the most straightforward way would be a screencap of some stripe. Assuming, of course, the whole thing fits on one screen.
Paragon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old May 12th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Ouch. You've just made my brain hurt.

( In part that's just because I've looked at messing with print output from Hero Lab before, especially for making custom sheets or even outputting to a form-fillable pdf file, but it was just way too hard for me to work through it all, especially without any easily usable, or at least affordable, XSLT tranform tools.)
I don't know how it works, or how well, but Notepad++ has a menu item for XSL transform. I use XML Spy for the functionality, so I can't say how good it is or is not.

Also, another "EASY"(well.. easy once you have the xslt file done), is to simply include the xst reference in your xml and open in a browser. From what I have read, there are some limitations, but for the simple cases, you can build most normal html structures such as tables and such and/or use css styling.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

If one were to install Perl and a few extra specific xml modules, I could write up a simple command line script to output a transformed file in about 10 lines or so.
jfrazierjr is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 12th, 2017, 06:09 PM
I had played with the character sheet output stuff some to see if I could figure out some other ways to make sheets, even using a version of Altova, but it wasn't easy for me to figure out usefully. There are plenty of form fillable PDF files for Savage Worlds settings, too, so I'd also thought about the possibility of sending out the fields that way.Suffice to say I'm just not familiar enough and even after a few days couldn't really unravel how to, at least not easiy, deal with the XML to do any of that.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old May 12th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
I had played with the character sheet output stuff some to see if I could figure out some other ways to make sheets, even using a version of Altova, but it wasn't easy for me to figure out usefully. There are plenty of form fillable PDF files for Savage Worlds settings, too, so I'd also thought about the possibility of sending out the fields that way.Suffice to say I'm just not familiar enough and even after a few days couldn't really unravel how to, at least not easiy, deal with the XML to do any of that.

I don't know pdf tranform stuff(looked into it briefly years ago, but it made my head hurt and I had no "need" to complete the studies). However, I have a large amount of experience with xslt(more) and html(not quite as much), and could absolutely help if you have any question and/or could get you started if you give me some guideposts as to what you might be interesting in it to look like.
jfrazierjr is offline   #10 Reply With Quote