Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 13th, 2017, 12:11 PM
OK, here's the list of fixes in the update currently under review. Check and see what is being dealt with...

Savage Worlds Bug Fixes

1) Overflow has been expanded on the printed sheets to include Derived Traits, Skills, Racial Abilities, Racial Properties, Hindrances, Edges and Creature Abilities

2) The Hard of Hearing Hindrance has been corrected to subtract from Notice

3) The Edge Killer Instinct has been added

4) The Professional and Expert Edges now apply their bonuses in all Settings

5) Equipment on the Gear list can now display a checkbox to choose Equipped status by having the Equipped.Equippable tag attached to it. Exoskeletons from the Sci-Fi Companion now use this to activate their Strength modifications.

6) The Hero Statblock Major Hindrances now show a (*) symbol to indicate Major Hindrances

7) [FC] The Barbaric Blood and Scamper Edges now work with the Adaptable Edge

8) [FC] Magic Weapon attack bonuses now apply exclusively to that weapon

9) [HC] The "Angel" Race in the Horror Companion has had the Arcane Background: Miracles removed

10) [SFC] The Standard Gear tag has been added to all stock equipment from the Sci-Fi Companion

11) [SFC] Crew Reduction for Starships has been changed to calculate additional modification slots correctly

12) [SFC] The Particle Accelerator vehicle weapons on page 25 of the Sci-Fi Companion are available now

13) [SFC] Personal Force Fields now stack with Armor - Programmer's Note: A new tag has been created, Equipment.StackArmor, that allows Defense values to stack on top of the normal Armor value

14) [SPC] Edge: Scholar (Worm) has the correct source set now

15) [SPC2] The Switchable Power Modifier from Super Powers Companion now works properly when evaluating cost of Alternate Slots versus Base Slots

16) [SPC2] The Super Edge: Trademark Weapon and Super Edge: Improved Trademark Weapon powers were added as separate entries to handle the extra selection of the weapon

17) [SPC2] Invention is now a selection under Power Modifiers, in the same fashion as Sorcery, to zero out the cost

18) [SPC2] The Matter Control power now allows for the Power Type to be specified

19) [SPC2] The Armor Power has had the Power Level descriptions corrected, along with some other Powers that had their descriptions edited a bit

20) [SPC2] The Power Modifier Limitations is now not unique, and can be taken multiple times

21) [SPC2] The Ranged Touch and Projectile power modifiers have been added to the Healing Power

22) [SPC2] The Champion, Mentalist, and Mr. Fix It Edges now do not require the Arcane Skills

Did I miss anything?

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 13th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Zarlor, a reminder: When this goes live, Killer Instinct is fixed...

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 13th, 2017, 12:54 PM
I think the Killer Instinct note was for Seeley, not me. Definitely some good fixes in there, though. You've been busy.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old January 13th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Thanks, I will remove it from my own datafile when it goes live.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:21 PM
This hit a small delay. We're trying to think of a better way to handle Edges that include Gear. The Equippable Gear hit a snag during testing, and the same thing that caused us to create the EdgeWep component set* is looking to cause us to create another compset to account for Gear that's equippable. Unless we can think of a better way.

Question to the community: For Edges that grant gear, is it enough to say "Buy x gear, and ensure the 'buy for free' box is checked", rather than actually bootstrapping the gear? If the gear is bootstrapped (in addition to the timing issue it creates) it can't be gotten rid of. And Edges shouldn't actually "contain" gear anyway, really. This would allow us to get rid of the EdgeWep comp set and clean that up.

* - For those just joining, this all boils down to the Fantasy Companion issue where Edges couldn't be disabled because they were not designed to be shut off. Magic Items that grant Edges have to be able to have the Edge turn off when the item is not being used. Rather than have to go back and re-code all of the individual Edges to include an on/off switch (and also force the re-coding of all Edges in all Setting files...) we installed a switch on the Edge architecture itself. This is what everything is crashing into, timing-wise.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old February 4th, 2017, 06:24 AM
Well, while I haven't gone back to recode any data files to handle bootstrapping gear I will admit it is a bit of a pain not being able to do that. For instance we just started up a Weird Wars Rome game with my group and, like pretty much all Weird Wars games, the unit type you choose to be defines what gear you're given. In this case none of the gear costs anything anyway but it's been an experience getting everyone used to the idea that that have to switch back to the text description every time to then go hunt their way through the gear to add it. WWR makes it a tad worse since the gear names are all latin and if you're not familiar with the terms you aren't really sure what type of gear that is (is a hasta Armor, a Ranged Weapon, a Melee Weapon or some type of Gear? Things like that.)

Being able to just load gear from other things, like Edges, would be a big help for my players when working with HL. That kind of automation is exactly what they want to use a program that is going to help them with character creation and management for, IMHO. That may be especially true for a game system like Savage Worlds where character creation is fairly easy... well, outside of trying to code it for all of the very flexible use cases the system allows for.

I don't doubt it's a royal pain to code, and maybe even would take a hard look at doing a rebuild of some of the underlying code structure, but my vote would still be for seeing if it could be made to work. My experience would suggest to me that it really would be a very helpful feature to have.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old February 4th, 2017, 09:33 AM
I have to say its better if the edge can do the job itself, but its easy for me to be blase when I don't have to do any of the heavy lifting to make it possible.

I thought I remembered there was a way other than bootstrapping to do that, but I could be confused.
Paragon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 4th, 2017, 11:36 AM
What? Bootrap gear? As in gear that can be removed from a character? No way. I have shown an example to auto add it to a character in the pat when I was doing things with my Deadlands data set.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 4th, 2017, 11:38 AM
I did it in this thread http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...highlight=auto

SeeleyOne is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old February 4th, 2017, 11:25 PM
That's one of the methods we're looking at. I was curious about the "buy free" button question and wanted to see what everyone thought.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #10 Reply With Quote