Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

EightBitz

Old August 14th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Will there be any possibility of crossing the streams between Pathfinder and Starfinder? By that, I mean, letting Pathfinder see Starfinder's races, classes, equipment and feats, and vice versa? Or will they be completely separate systems, walled off from each other except for what's manually migrated?

Or, would it be possible to do it both ways? To sell Starfinder as its own data package in addition to as a source for Pathfinder?
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 14th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Completely separate systems.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 14th, 2017, 03:13 PM
I mentioned when Starfinder was announced a year ago that I would prefer it to be inside of Pathfinder and not a separate game system. I was shot down and every community member wanted Starfinder as a its own game system. This means nothing written or used in Pathfinder will be available for use in Starfinder. Unless LW wrote something in the last 12 months and plans to release at Gen Con no tools exist to convert .user files or .por files from one game system to another (based on Aaron's post nothing exists to convert Pathfinder to Starfinder game system).

I have created a community feature in Pathfinder HL that can convert a Pathfinder monster to Starfinder rules based on the info from page 498 of Starfinder core rules. Including attacks, damage, EAC, KAC, and Starfinder skills. I also have all weapons from Starfinder inputted into Pathfinder so that you could make a Harpy with a frostbite-class Zero pistol.

Sense everyone in that old thread wanted Starfinder as its own game system. I assumed no one would want the above and didn't release it. I also was not sure yet what if anything LW will do about the monster conversion rules listed on page 498 of Starfinder.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 14th, 2017 at 03:26 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 14th, 2017, 04:42 PM
Hey, Shadow. Sorry, I've been ...umm... out of sorts for a while. Still job hunting. Three things are pulling me out of my gaming torpor. The official release of Starfinder, our current DM getting sick of DMing and wanting to play. And a bit of money that's come my way that's allowed me to commission an artist to draw up one of my custom races.

So I'm trying to claw my way back from the spiraling abyss of apathy.

All that being said, if you have that material to release, I would appreciate it.

I'm also working on the promised updates for my RW export script. (Honest!)
EightBitz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 15th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Hey, Shadow. Sorry, I've been ...umm... out of sorts for a while. Still job hunting. Three things are pulling me out of my gaming torpor. The official release of Starfinder, our current DM getting sick of DMing and wanting to play. And a bit of money that's come my way that's allowed me to commission an artist to draw up one of my custom races.
Sorry to hear that. Hope things get better for you!

Quote:
All that being said, if you have that material to release, I would appreciate it.
I will see what I can do....

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 15th, 2017 at 04:08 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old August 15th, 2017, 01:40 PM
If you want to do a mash-up, theres nothing stopping you from converting data from one to the other, but that is totally on you. You can share what you've created with others though using the Export tool.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 15th, 2017, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
If you want to do a mash-up, theres nothing stopping you from converting data from one to the other, but that is totally on you. You can share what you've created with others though using the Export tool.
Hero Lab. Not Realm Works.
EightBitz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 15th, 2017, 08:29 PM
v1.10 of the Community Pack has the new Starfinder conversion I wrote. Let me go over a few steps on how it works.

NOTE: To save time I have almost NO descriptions from Starfinder added for Skills or Weapons. Maybe a future update.

After opening a .por file, adding a monster, or selecting a monster race you have to go into the "Configure Your Hero" section and turn on 'Starfinder':
Starfinder1.jpg

A new "Starfinder" tab will appear that will be highlighted RED as it needs you to make a choice:
Starfinder2.jpg

Select one of two choices:
1) Pathfinder Multiple Attacks - The rules list that you could just use standard Pathfinder attacks. You get more of them but they do less damage.
2) Starfinder Single Attack - This option makes all attacks (melee, natural, ranged) display only a single attack. A bonus on damage equal to CR will be added to all weapons. Finally you have the ability from the drop down to give a +3 or +4 to hit bonus.

Finally in the 'Secondary Abilities' section you can add an option "Resolve Points". This then displays on the In-Play tab.

Skills
Once you activate Starfinder then only the Starfinder skills will display. Each of the Pathfinder skill is consolidated into its Starfinder skill:
Starfinder3.jpg

If in example you have a racial bonus to Handle Animal then that will now display as a situational bonus under Survival.

NOTE: Once you convert a monster if it had ranks in a skill that is now gone you will need to re-assign those skill points somewhere else.

EAC & KAC
These values will display on the Specials tab as the top most value and will print to the statblock. In addition to make things easier for me and those using the TC I have made the AC = KAC and the Touch AC = EAC values.

Please note on the Adjust tab you will find a pair of adjustments to allow you to increase/decrease the KAC/EAC values to your liking. Some of this conversion is going to be GM judgment calls.

Weapons
I have inputted every single Starfinder weapon into Pathfinder. Because this is added for GMs all characters are proficient with these weapons. My reason for this is I assume if a DM is adding the weapon to a Monster/NPC they want the creature to use it without penalties.

In addition based on NPC Starfinder rules a Bonus to damage will happen with weapons based on the creatures CR value.
Starfinder4.jpg

Armor
I have not gotten around to getting this to work yet. Hopefully a future update will bring Armor. Until then use the adjustments to increase the KAC/EAC values.

Feats
I have not gotten around to switching Pathfinder feats to Starfinder feats yet. Hopefully a future update will bring this feature.

Example Harpy
Test Starfinder Harpy
Harpy (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 172)
CE Medium monstrous humanoid
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +7
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 natural); starfinder armor class
hp 47 (7d10)
Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +6
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft., fly 80 ft. (average)
Melee tactical spear +8 (1d6+5 P) or
. . talon +8 (1d6+5)
Ranged frag grenade i +9 (1d6 P) or
. . frostbite-class zero rifle +9 (1d8+4 cold)
Special Attacks captivating song
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 12, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 7, Wis 12, Cha 17
Base Atk +7; CMB +8; CMD 21
Feats Dodge, Flyby Attack, Great Fortitude, Skill Focus (Bluff)
Skills Acrobatics +6 (+2 to jump), Bluff +7, Computers +1, Engineering +1, Intimidate +7, Perception +7, Perform (sing) +5
Languages Common
Other Gear frag grenade i, frostbite-class zero rifle, tactical spear
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
EAC 13; KAC 15 KAC is being set into the AC and EAC is being set into Touch AC.
Captivating Song (DC 16) (Su) Creatures in 300 ft are captivated by song, approach and offer no resistance to attack (Will neg).
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Fly (80 feet, Average) You can fly!
Flyby Attack You can take a standard action during your move action while flying.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old August 16th, 2017, 07:34 AM
Shadow, if anyone is putting you in for a deity position, then you will have my vote.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old August 16th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Hero Lab. Not Realm Works.
Hero Lab has an Export Tool for user created data. I use it frequently, EightBitz.

You can convert material from the systems. I don't think they will mesh up 100%. Pretty sure Starfinder has a very different skill set than Pathfinder so it would take some conversion work...

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote