Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Bob G

Old December 27th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Unfortunately I can't really do much about that. Since the Patrons are Lone Wolf's code and not mine, I can't prevent the spells from bootstrapping, nor can I touch the component code that causes them to be auto-listed in the Patron's description text.

Theoretically I could find the spell list after it's written and replace it with a blank string, but I'm pretty sure that would end up being buggy and slow and more trouble than it's worth.
Oh well, that's unfortunate, but I understand. I'm just happy I can run our sphere witch through Hero Labs now.
Bob G is offline   #521 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old January 2nd, 2018, 06:36 PM
Will there be more Sphere Item support down the line. The program allows for SPhere Wands and Staves at the moment but nothing for Sphere Scrolls, Potions, Rods or Wondrous Items.

On a related note would it be possible to add Spellcrafting or Sphere Spellbooks?

No pressure, I know you've got a lot on your plate already, I'm just curious
GreyLurker is offline   #522 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 3rd, 2018, 04:40 AM
Our group is eagerly awaiting HL files for Spheres of Might; looking at the final PDF, that is going to be quite a project getting it into Hero Lab.
Ualaa is offline   #523 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyLurker View Post
Will there be more Sphere Item support down the line. The program allows for SPhere Wands and Staves at the moment but nothing for Sphere Scrolls, Potions, Rods or Wondrous Items.

On a related note would it be possible to add Spellcrafting or Sphere Spellbooks?

No pressure, I know you've got a lot on your plate already, I'm just curious
Not any time soon, that's for sure. The items would be a huge, complex system with a lot of custom UI work. I was able to do this for the shapeshift system in Alteration, but implementing those item rules would be like if you took that and tripled the number of moving parts. If I ever get those systems into the package, Spellcrafting will probably come first.
TheIronGolem is offline   #524 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old January 9th, 2018, 10:54 PM
Found an error with the Hedgewitch.

The Skilled Magic secret is giving you Metamagic feats instead of the Feats it's supposed to.
GreyLurker is offline   #525 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old January 14th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Found an error with the Hedgewitch.

The Skilled Magic secret is giving you Metamagic feats instead of the Feats it's supposed to.
Good catch. This is now fixed in my current build and will be in the next update.
TheIronGolem is offline   #526 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old January 14th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Good catch. This is now fixed in my current build and will be in the next update.
I've been working on a Spheres only campaign for my group to give the system a good going over, so I've been making a lot of Orc Hedgewitches lately.

I'm calling them "Orc Rot Shamen". They work magic by digging bugs out of their skin and throwing them at targets.
GreyLurker is offline   #527 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 15th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Quote:
I've been working on a Spheres only campaign for my group to give the system a good going over, so I've been making a lot of Orc Hedgewitches lately.

I'm calling them "Orc Rot Shamen". They work magic by digging bugs out of their skin and throwing them at targets.
Nurgleicious.
Aaron is offline   #528 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old January 16th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Nurgleicious.
Alteration Sphere + Swarm Transformation + Animal Mind

Now imagine the look on a player's face as you describe how the insect the shaman threw burrows into his character's flesh and then the character begins to literally disolve into a mindless pile of worms and maggots.
GreyLurker is offline   #529 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old January 25th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Update!

Spheres of Power Version 1.32 - Released 01/25/2018
  • UI
    • Creation tab: Now displays max item size, including drop damage and casing size
  • Spheres/Talents
    • Expanded Materials: Renamed to Expanded Materials (Classic Substances) in light of additional versions of the talent coming in Creator's Handbook
    • Limited Creation: Fixed this drawback not displaying choice to user
    • Creation: Create ability now lists all substances the hero can create, including restrictions if the hero has Material Focus
    • Creation: Added duration and casting-time tags for Repair and Destroy abilities
    • Material Focus: Fixed this drawback not showing selector or adding bonus talent when "other" chosen
    • Material Focus: Bootstrapping this with abText will now prevent user selection (such as with the Dhampir ART)
  • Editor
    • Added "Substances" taglist to talent editor, allowing users to define new created substances allowed by a talent
    • Added "counts as 2 drawbacks" checkbox to drawback editor
  • Classes
    • Thaumaturge: Forbidden Lore no longer errors if nothing chosen
    • Hedgewitch - Skilled Magic secret was adding to the wrong bonus feat pool
    • Hedgewitch: Fixed some Grand Secrets that weren't requiring Hedgewitch 10
  • Data File Authoring
    • SoPManMod procedure now recognizes Colossal+ size
    • SoPTlAbvAd procedure can now take an "alternate CL" value
    • SoPSTDbPkg procedure can now take an empty talent id, for cases where only a base sphere and drawback are required (ex: Dustbringer)
    • Added the SoPSzTxt procedure, which takes a size-class number and returns the corresponding size name

There will be updates coming in a couple of days for ALL existing sphere handbooks. The primary reason for this is I had been forgetting to tag a lot of feats with the "Spherecasting" category (which is used by the Incanter to detect eligible bonus feats).

The Creator's Handbook has been handed off to DDS and should be available soon.
TheIronGolem is offline   #530 Reply With Quote