Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

FreakFire74

Old February 23rd, 2015, 02:25 PM
Hi guys,

Tonight we really upped the ante with our use of Realm Works. Our set is pretty much perfect atm! Man, I love this program!

We hooked up RW with a beamer/projector mounted on the ceiling. I projected the dungeon map on the table (a sheet of white paper) and we used the map for dungeon navigation with incremental reveals. My players (and myself) were blown away by how cool this is. When we ran into a combat I just zoomed in on the map until it was the correct scale and we placed our miniatures/counters on the map.

This was really, really good!

I made the maps myself using Campaign Cartographer and to be able to use those maps for dungeon navigation AND battles by just zooming in is just fantastic..

Only thing is, I find the map navigation and zooming options quite unresponsive and slow.. Oftentimes I was dragging the map around and it was so laggy and when I wanted to zoom it was hard to find the correct level of zoom).. Would it at all be possible to increase this performance?

I really wish there was an option to just drag a selection on the map and zoom to that selection automatically instead of just using the '+' and '-' zooming options which are really quite slow and seem to not work as we want them to work oftentimes.. A standard zoom level (in percentages) would also be great..

Thanks again for this great piece of software! We are all thrilled to use it!
FreakFire74 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote