Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

HyperPing

Old May 27th, 2007, 08:09 PM
My license expired a few months ago (after I got the Orc and Goblin update). I thought I would let it lapse and download data files, so here I am now that their have been some updates to Empire.

Problem is, the information in the downloads area has me puzzled (even worried). I am unsure what to download. Quotes like 'this file won't work unless you downloaded the previous files months ago...' leave me wondering what to do.

Where are all the data files?

It even speaks of a generic OnG update, but where is that?

When I try to get more details on the data files, it shows no author, or much information at all.

Can someone point me to where I can download data files?
HyperPing is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 30th, 2007, 12:10 PM
At 09:09 PM 5/27/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Where are all the data files?

Can someone point me to where I can download data files?
Within AB, go to the Help menu, and select the "View Latest Updates on Website" option. This should launch your web browser and take you directly to the Downloads section of our website for AB. You can then click on the Supplemental Updates link to view a complete list of all data files. Just click on the Warhammer Fantasy entry to download it - there is only a single file. Once you download it, go to the Tools menu within AB and select Import Files, then point to the file you just downloaded. You should then be good to go....

-Rob
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
GMTemplar

Old June 3rd, 2007, 01:16 PM
I'm actually not sorry at all I let my license lapse about a year ago. I appreciate the work people are doing with the data files on AB3 (for free!) but the pace is just too slow and the files still miss so much stuff that I just can't see myself buying the AB3 license again very soon.

I think someone over in Lonewolf should really make the effort to keep the WHFB files up to date (as a private person, not company representative, of course) as it is probably the biggest single game drawing them customers. I know it's just the program, not the files, I'm paying for but the fact is that without up-to-date files the program's absolutely useless (ie not worth paying money for).

The WHFB files on the web page rob mentioned are soon almost 4 months old. Loads of errors and bugs have been reported since but I'm really not sure who's supposed to react to them.
GMTemplar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote