Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old March 24th, 2020, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Coming back to this one. It seems to only trigger when you remove a class skill that is part of a skill group (Knowledge, Craft, etc.).
I suspect this is because those skills may not be on the character when the variant is added, but I'd have to look into it. Not sure when I'll get to that. Somehow, working from home has not afforded me more free time.
Sendric is offline   #981 Reply With Quote
Trion

Old March 28th, 2020, 02:53 AM
Hi,

I am not sure if this is really a bug or just a missing feature, and maybe this has already been discussed and I couldn't find it.

I am building a Cleric in 3.5e, using the Divine Metamagic feat from Complete Divine.

If I pick the feat, and chose eg. Quicken Spell as the "Metamagicaly Divined" feat, I should then be able to memorize a spell of, say, lvl 2 (Aid), apply Divine Metamagic - Quicken Spell to it, and it should remain a lvl2-slot spell, consuming 3 Turn UD charges as well.

However, when I try to add a Custom - Metamagic Spell to my memorized spells, I can't add Divine Metamagic - Quicken Spell as the added Metamagic Power. I can only find the normal Quicken Spell, and the spells become a higher level-slot spell, which I don't want !

Sorry if this is a known issue !

Thank you for your work, this custom 3.5 pack is absolutely awesome.

Trion
Trion is offline   #982 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 1st, 2020, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Coming back to this one. It seems to only trigger when you remove a class skill that is part of a skill group (Knowledge, Craft, etc.).
Can you send me a user file with an example of this?
Sendric is offline   #983 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 1st, 2020, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trion View Post
Hi,

I am not sure if this is really a bug or just a missing feature, and maybe this has already been discussed and I couldn't find it.

I am building a Cleric in 3.5e, using the Divine Metamagic feat from Complete Divine.

If I pick the feat, and chose eg. Quicken Spell as the "Metamagicaly Divined" feat, I should then be able to memorize a spell of, say, lvl 2 (Aid), apply Divine Metamagic - Quicken Spell to it, and it should remain a lvl2-slot spell, consuming 3 Turn UD charges as well.

However, when I try to add a Custom - Metamagic Spell to my memorized spells, I can't add Divine Metamagic - Quicken Spell as the added Metamagic Power. I can only find the normal Quicken Spell, and the spells become a higher level-slot spell, which I don't want !

Sorry if this is a known issue !

Thank you for your work, this custom 3.5 pack is absolutely awesome.

Trion
First of all, thanks for the report. Don't be shy about reporting even if they may have already been reported.

Based on the description of this feat it appears that it's intended to allow the character to use the metamagic feat on any prepared spell as a free action, thus it is not applied to prepared spells ahead of time. As a result, I think the current behavior is the correct behavior. As a player, you would just announce you are using the feat then deduct the appropriate number of Turn/Rebuke Undead charges from the In-Play tab and cast your quickened spell.

One change that can be made to this feat is) to provide a dropdown list to select metamagic feats from as opposed to freeform control.

Last edited by Sendric; April 1st, 2020 at 06:50 AM.
Sendric is offline   #984 Reply With Quote
Apaa

Old April 7th, 2020, 06:47 AM
Hi,

After a bit of searching on the forum i could not find a solution to my issue (however i'm not don't think is a bug per say).

I added the "draconic bloodline" feat to my bard which is supposed to grant specific spells.
However, some of these spells are nto on the bard spell list (ie Darkvision as the 1st level spell).
Thus i cannot add them and since the bard spell list is limited, i am also not allowed to create custom spells to match these.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Apaa
Apaa is offline   #985 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 26th, 2020, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apaa View Post
Hi,

After a bit of searching on the forum i could not find a solution to my issue (however i'm not don't think is a bug per say).

I added the "draconic bloodline" feat to my bard which is supposed to grant specific spells.
However, some of these spells are nto on the bard spell list (ie Darkvision as the 1st level spell).
Thus i cannot add them and since the bard spell list is limited, i am also not allowed to create custom spells to match these.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Apaa
Sorry for the delay. I believe I have fixed this for the next release. Please add the following to the eval script on the feat in the meantime as a workaround:

Code:
~ Add spells to our spell list just in case they aren't already there.

field[fChosen].chosen.field[cSpellExpr].text &= " | (thingid.spComLan1 | thingid.spDarkvis2 | thingid.spProEnrg3 | thingid.spFear4 | thingid.spMindFog5 | thingid.spTrueSee6 | thingid.spVision7 | thingid.spMndBlnk8 | thingid.spDomMon9)"
Sendric is offline   #986 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old May 27th, 2020, 05:04 PM
Never mind. I'm blind.

Last edited by Bloodwolf; May 27th, 2020 at 05:13 PM.
Bloodwolf is offline   #987 Reply With Quote
Gotrek

Send a message via Skype™ to Gotrek

Old May 28th, 2020, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
OK. I think I see what's happening here. I'm not entirely sure that the implementation was completed or what happened. I'll take a look and see if I can come up with a cleaner solution.

Any Idea of which rule was intended here?
Gotrek is offline   #988 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old June 1st, 2020, 10:06 AM
I was creating the Fang Dragon entry and found a super small bug in the White Dragon (my base that I'm working from). While changing the HD, Stats, and Age Category names I found that the HD in the Script for the White Dragon is off. I'm not in front of my computer but it is in one of the older categories. The HD is supposed to be 27 but is 17. So as you go up in categories it will go from like 24 to 17 and then like 30.

Like I said a simple fix. Just go into the script button and in the first script update that category's HD to 27.
Bloodwolf is offline   #989 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 2nd, 2020, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
I was creating the Fang Dragon entry and found a super small bug in the White Dragon (my base that I'm working from). While changing the HD, Stats, and Age Category names I found that the HD in the Script for the White Dragon is off. I'm not in front of my computer but it is in one of the older categories. The HD is supposed to be 27 but is 17. So as you go up in categories it will go from like 24 to 17 and then like 30.

Like I said a simple fix. Just go into the script button and in the first script update that category's HD to 27.
Thanks for the report. Fixed.
Sendric is offline   #990 Reply With Quote