Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 7th, 2011, 11:48 AM
(a bug reports thread for the 2/7/11 release)

(note that there are a few posts in the 4.22 bug reports thread that I didn't get to before the release. I'll address those where they are - no need to repost them)
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old February 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM
For some Characters I am opening I am getting this error.

Quote:
Errors were encountered when loading the saved Portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\users\*\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_issue s.log". If you
notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Critical information not found in data files: Source Volume 'CSLostCity"
Critical information not found in data files: Source Volume 'CSLostCity"
Dragnmoon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 7th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
For some Characters I am opening I am getting this error.
This is an error you can ignore. I'll get it fixed for the next update, and thanks for the report. If the characters you're talking about aren't the pre-gens from Pathfinder #41, please tell me, so I can fix any other instances of it.

(It looks like the Id of the Lost Cities of Golarion source was changed from "CSLostCity" to "CSLostCit" ("Lost Cities", rather than "Lost City") between when I entered those characters and when things were released. Hero Lab doesn't know what to make of that).
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old February 7th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
This is an error you can ignore. I'll get it fixed for the next update, and thanks for the report. If the characters you're talking about aren't the pre-gens from Pathfinder #41, please tell me, so I can fix any other instances of it.

(It looks like the Id of the Lost Cities of Golarion source was changed from "CSLostCity" to "CSLostCit" ("Lost Cities", rather than "Lost City") between when I entered those characters and when things were released. Hero Lab doesn't know what to make of that).
Non of them are Pre Gens, What info do you need?
Dragnmoon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Which ones are they? Or do you mean they're your characters, rather than ones I've created?
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old February 7th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Which ones are they? Or do you mean they're your characters, rather than ones I've created?
Sorry, I was confused. Thought you said that you wanted to know if the characters where not the Pregen for 41 that you would want to know.

They are my Characters that are not the Pre Gens from 41 that are getting the error, a couple of PFS characters, but not all of my Characters are getting the error.
Dragnmoon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 7th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Looking at the timing of the original addition of the "Lost Cities of Golarion (coming soon)" source and the change in Ids, it'll be every character saved between the ultimate combat playtest and this update.

Arrrrgh. Almost every user hit by a scary-looking error message that's really a false alarm. I'm very sorry for not catching that in testing.

Last edited by Mathias; February 7th, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 7th, 2011, 05:14 PM
As a note, saving the affected character after you open it will remove the error from then on (you'll have to change something (add and delete a space in the name, for example) in order to "dirty" the file before resaving it).
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 8th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Cloak of Crusader (an item I had already written) isn't working properly.

Below is my code, but my code doesn't handle the one nugget.
The cloak (and all items in that section) have additional features based on the deity. The creator of the item (or anyone with Craft Wondrous Items) can change the deity required even after the item has been created.

The Cloak of Crusader requires Arazni, which Gods & Magic doesn't appear to allow. There needs to be some way to default to Arazni, but allow the user to easily change the default. Maybe make a non-error warning something like "Requires Craft Wondrous Item to modify deity" display so they player knows he is deviating from the default, but not post it as a big red error?

Anyway here is my item along with it's required deity.

Code:
  <thing id="ioCloCrusa" name="Cloak of the Crusader" description="Source Gods and Magic 55\nAura faint enchantment; CL 1st\nSlot shoulders; Price 2,700 gp; Weight 3 lbs. \nDescription\nThis brilliant red cloak bears a golden symbol of an upright winged sword. You may use bless once per day.\n\nIf Arazni is your patron, you gain a +1 natural armor bonus on AC. As a standard action, you may create an illusory image of your holy banner (an upright winged sword on a red field), which floats 2 to 5 feet above your head like a battle standard and remains in place as long as you are conscious. \nConstruction\nRequirements Craft Wondrous Item, bless, barkskin, silent image; Cost 1,350 gp" compset="Wondrous">
    <fieldval field="gWeight" value="3"/>
    <fieldval field="gCost" value="2700"/>
    <fieldval field="iCL" value="1"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="EquipMag" name="EquipMag" abbrev="EquipMag"/>
    <tag group="Hero" tag="EqpBack" name="Shoulders" abbrev="Shoulders"/>
    <tag group="gType" tag="Wonder" name="Wondrous Item" abbrev="Wonder"/>
    <tag group="iSchool" tag="Enchant"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="EquipAvail"/>
    <bootstrap thing="raHCBless">
      <assignval field="trkMax" value="1"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <eval phase="PreLevel" priority="10000" index="2"><![CDATA[      if (field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
        if (hero.childlives[deiArazniR] <> 0) then
          #enhancementbonus[hero.child[mNatural], 1]
          endif
        endif]]></eval>
    <prereq message="Requires Arazni deity.">
      <validate><![CDATA[        if (hero.childlives[deiArazni] <> 0) then
          @valid = 1
          endif]]></validate>
      </prereq>
    </thing>
  <thing id="deiArazni" name="Arazni" description="Was patron saint of Ozem so assuming LG." compset="Deity" uniqueness="unique">
    <usesource source="CSGodsMagc"/>
    <usesource source="CoreDeity"/>
    <tag group="ProductId" tag="Paizo" name="Paizo Publishing, LLC" abbrev="Paizo Publishing, LLC"/>
    <tag group="AlignTemp" tag="LawGood"/>
    </thing>
risner is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 8th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Dawnflower Initiate stacks with Sacred Conduit and it shouldn't since they are both trait bonuses

If I make a 1st level Cleric with all abilities 10, his DC of Channel is 10.
Adding Sacred Conduit grants +1 trait to DC (for 11)
Adding Dawnflower Initiate Channel Energy grants +1 trait to DC should maintain 11, but goes to 12.

DI is in Legacy of Fire/Wayfinder #1
SC is in APG traits/Character Traits Web Enhancement

Why did I think of Spinal Tap? ;-)
risner is offline   #10 Reply With Quote