Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Dragnmoon

Old April 29th, 2020, 08:07 AM
Purchase Log
Dragnmoon is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Koro76

Old April 29th, 2020, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
+1 on all with pref to dice logs. My GM would like to see my to hit and damage rolls.

Bonus if you can target creature to hit and GM can just click Apply Damage link/button.

We used HLO for the Fall of Plaguestone and used it to do all the rolls but motto is "Trust but Verify."
I love the idea of having my players' rolls pop up on my screen and I just click "hit" or "miss". Theoretically, this can all be done automatically, but the confirmation would help me control flow of the game, account for conditional modifiers and throw a description of the attack in.

Would also love it if this kind of feature would automatically apply reductions to incoming damage for the targeted creature, and let me roll defensive rolls like saves with the touch of a button (which could also automatically apply conditional bonuses).

The amount of time I would save in a session would be mind boggling.

Last edited by Koro76; April 29th, 2020 at 08:28 AM.
Koro76 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
AranMull

Old April 29th, 2020, 02:42 PM
Pretty much as noted in the subject. I know we can export from HLC to FGC.

Not being able to do so with HLO and FGU means it is hard to argue with players who don't see a good reason to grab and maintain a HLO account. Especially since they can see all of the stuff I have in FGU.

I prefer - and they prefer - being able to use HeroLab. You are more up-to-date with products (we are a Pathfinder 1 & 2 group) but having to completely re-create the character everytime there is a change makes HLO a very hard sell for me as the GM.

My suggestion with context.

All the best
AranMull is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
jamincan

Old April 30th, 2020, 03:45 AM
I also like the idea of having save points, or really any mechanism that allows the player to plan future changes to the character without affecting their current character sheet. Our GM right now will typically give us a heads up that we'll be leveling up soon, so I can plan things out, but it's a bit of a nuisance to have to then revert everything back to normal.
jamincan is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old May 1st, 2020, 05:57 PM
Equipment Purchasing: My players are frustrated by the lack of an option to sort by price or to specify a price range.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old May 2nd, 2020, 08:09 AM
Speaking of purchasing, id love a sort by level option or level + option like in Starfinder (I believe level restriction purchasing isn't a rule in PF2E, but it makes my job as a GM much easier to find level appropriate loot.
magpi is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
loki.the.mischievous

Old May 3rd, 2020, 07:21 AM
Logging. For both society play and use of the Mnemonic Editor, you can only change selections made one or two levels back. Unless the player is diligent about keeping notes on what upgrades they make to feats, skills, or other choices, it makes this all guess work.
  #17 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old May 5th, 2020, 01:22 PM
PLEASE let us search descriptions in all things like we can in HL classic!

For instance, I wanted to see Backgrounds granted by purchasing the Fall of Plaguestone. In classic I could pull feats or whatever and type in Giantslayer and see everything added by that AP/Book because it's in the description.

Nope. I had to go third party site to find them and search one by one in HLO.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old May 6th, 2020, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
please let us search descriptions in all things like we can in hl classic!

For instance, i wanted to see backgrounds granted by purchasing the fall of plaguestone. In classic i could pull feats or whatever and type in giantslayer and see everything added by that ap/book because it's in the description.

Nope. I had to go third party site to find them and search one by one in hlo.
+1 +1 +1
dacoobob is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
sqrw

Old May 10th, 2020, 02:46 PM
Journals: It would be very helpful if a GM could add journal entries - especially if that could be shared campaign wise.

For example, as a game master, at the end of a session, i create a journal entry with Karma, Heat, Reputation, dates and a description. I can select the characters in the campaign that get the journal entry and save. As a result the entry gets added to the selected players and the karma etc awarded.

This would be a huge step forward to the current process of "Transfer control to GM", "add entry", "transfer control to player" for every character :/

Split Reputations: The ability to add different kinds of reputations with factions.
sqrw is offline   #20 Reply With Quote