Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Rabit

Old September 19th, 2017, 03:27 AM
Sorry for the slow response time -- sudden work... stuff.

Greatly appreciate it! I'll try it ASAP.
Rabit is offline   #161 Reply With Quote
Rabit

Old September 19th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Well that's disappointing.

Now it crashes without even an error message or a log file. I've tried everything I can think of, including using exactly what you shared in your response. They all have the same result: PowerShell crashes with nothing to show for it.

I'll try to mess with it some more and see what might be going on...
Rabit is offline   #162 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old September 21st, 2017, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabit View Post
Well that's disappointing.

Now it crashes without even an error message or a log file. I've tried everything I can think of, including using exactly what you shared in your response. They all have the same result: PowerShell crashes with nothing to show for it.

I'll try to mess with it some more and see what might be going on...
If it's crashing when you use exactly what I typed, then don't use exactly what I typed. :-p

Use the GUI, but make sure you have a the log option checked, make sure it's a valid file name pointing to a valid folder path, and make sure the force option is unchecked ... or at least unleashed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj23dwWHukY
EightBitz is offline   #163 Reply With Quote
Rabit

Old September 30th, 2017, 05:38 AM
You are awesome, EightBitz -- greatly appreciate it! (And that video is impressive! )

Even thought I'd tried the GUI before, I was finally able to get it to work. I have no idea what I did differently. (I really should have kept better notes on the early attempts, and naturally I was being meticulous this time, so of course it worked. )

The first time, one map with areas revealed with the reveal pen (instead of the reveal area) showed in the HTML as a message that the image wasn't available (not as a broken link), and there was no thumb or full image of that map included. I re-exported and re-ran, and it worked fine. (Probably an error in the export, in that situation.)

Thanks for the help (and patience )!
Attached Images
File Type: png _Settings for GUI.png (42.3 KB, 9 views)
Rabit is offline   #164 Reply With Quote
LadyDeimos

Old November 7th, 2017, 09:06 PM
First of all, thank you very much for making this tool!

I do have a slight issue that I didn't see in my skimming of the thread. When I run the script the output doesn't have the labels for labelled text.
LadyDeimos is offline   #165 Reply With Quote
skroo

Old December 15th, 2017, 06:28 AM
The git repository is gone and EightBitz has no public repositories.

Anyone got a copy of this stashed somewhere?
skroo is offline   #166 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old December 15th, 2017, 05:36 PM
How can we get it now?
Bidmaron is offline   #168 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 15th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Using the link i provided above?

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #169 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old December 20th, 2017, 11:35 PM
When I originally wrote this script, I wrote it for my own purposes. One of the things I learned in releasing it to the wild is that people use Realm Works in ways that I did not foresee and did not account for.

I'm at a point where I can't keep up and have some issues I can't resolve. I also have a growing number of real-life issues I have to deal with.

If someone else wants to pick up where I left off, you can follow daplunk's link above to ver. 1.5, and roll with it. I also know that other people forked it on Github, so one of them can provide access as well.

For my part, I'd still like to see LWD provide a proper print function. They did it for Hero Lab. They even just did it for HLO. Why they still explicitly refuse to do it for RW is beyond me.
EightBitz is offline   #170 Reply With Quote