Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Life Swordsman

Old November 15th, 2018, 05:56 PM
So my DM has given my Magus a Sorcerer Bloodline, and has said that I get everything from it(Class Skill, Bonus Spells, Bonus Feats, Arcana, and Powers) so I decided to make an archetype for the Magus using the editor to give it to me, but when I click on "Bloodline" under abilities, it says that there isn't anything to choose from. I'm not entirely certain what I should be enabling to show the list of Bloodlines for me to choose, so I was hoping I could get some help with it.
Here's the .user file I made for the archtype(ignore that I also got Sneak Attack, idk why he gave me that too but I'll take it)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Yun_Mystic_Blade.zip (1.5 KB, 0 views)
Life Swordsman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Strifer

Old November 23rd, 2018, 12:19 AM
It's the same for me, I created a sorcerer with a bloodline, but when I click to select a bloodline, under Special Abilities, there's nothing there for me to choose from.
Strifer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 23rd, 2018, 07:35 AM
Look at the Myrmidarch magus archetype, which adds Fighter Weapon Training to a magus. There is a script there on the archetype, which you should be able to take and tweak for bloodlines.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
nlmacdonald

Old November 23rd, 2018, 04:25 PM
Make sure that you use the same custom ability section on your archetype as Sorcerer. The bloodtypes for Sorcerers are populated under the primary custom ability section.

Then select the "Allow Custom Abilities..." button. Scroll through all of the options to the Sorcerer (cHelpSor). Check this option. It should connect the Sorcerer resources to this Custom Abilities section.

Also, ensure that the custom ability count button has been selected and beside the level 0 section on the matrix place the value 1. When you exit there should be a "x1" beside the button.

This should do the job for you.

If you existing class already has custom abilities, you'd need to use a custom ability section not used by that class. For example, the Wizard uses primary, secondary, tertiary section and for this value you'd have to choose quarternary or quintenary.

You'd have to copy and alter the blood type you'd be using and ensure you set the ability section to the area you choose on the archetype. For example, if you choose quintenary from the Wizard example, you need to align the Custom Ability you've copied to that section.

Last edited by nlmacdonald; November 23rd, 2018 at 04:29 PM.
nlmacdonald is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Life Swordsman

Old November 26th, 2018, 05:58 PM
Ok so after checking a few things, I did what nlmacdonald suggested and moved the Bloodline ability over to quintenary, along with the custom Bloodline that I was given, but it still wasn't working, so I double checked the bloodline, and noticed I had made it available to both Sorcerer and Magus. I uncheck the Magus option, and thats when the Bloodline finally started to come up as a selectable option for Bloodline. So thanks for helping with that nlmacdonald. Now to make a quick adjustment to the Bloodline and my character is done. Also while I doubt anyone would use it, I can put the updated .user file here so if people want, they can poke around with it so they can see how to do it themselves.
Life Swordsman is offline   #5 Reply With Quote