Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

weogarth

Old January 2nd, 2015, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I'm certainly not a database person, but the limit may be much less than we think it should be due to the number of links and interlinks possible. And with each edit those links can change. LWD does a nice job of making the data accessible and easy to understand. But I would imagine there's a lot of sorcery happening behind the scenes....
Yup, I totally expect that, that's why I asked.

I also bet that when Rob reads the rest of your post, he will be shaking his head and adding more notes to whatever project planning system they use for that feature as you raised some very salient points.
weogarth is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 2nd, 2015, 08:14 PM
I'd be dangerous on the beta team. But I also suspect I'm probably stating what the LWD team has already been planning for more often than not. They're smart cookies.
AEIOU is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old January 3rd, 2015, 05:44 AM
Quote:
They're smart cookies.
Totally agree; but smart or not, the Kickstarters and other end users have already found a number of things (bugs, techniques, etc) that the beta team didn't and we've also asked for things that hadn't been considered. It's just the nature of the beast; the more peeps that do things, the bigger the variety of the 'how'.
weogarth is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 4th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Quote:
And I'm idly wondering how I want to handle amnesia or mind wipes or memory manipulation.
One way of doing this which is already available is GM directions. Simply note, that this was known prior to the episode we do not talk about and it is no longer remembered.
After that you could "un-reveal" the information, so that it disappears from the players' view and you will know, why it isn't revealed anymore.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Last edited by Vargr; January 4th, 2015 at 04:32 PM.
Vargr is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 4th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
I got bored and started playing around with how I'd like to see the individual character reveal handled and thought I'd share my ideas.
I really like this approach and the suggested UI looks like very useful and like something I could easily work with.

+1

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 4th, 2015, 08:48 PM
When individual reveals are implemented, could a tag automatically be created for each character that knows the topic so we can sort on them and identify the specific information known by each character?
AEIOU is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old January 5th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Quote:
When individual reveals are implemented, could a tag automatically be created for each character that knows the topic so we can sort on them and identify the specific information known by each character?
OMG - Yes pls
weogarth is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 5th, 2015, 06:38 AM
I think it's more likely that "Enter Player Mode" will have a way for you to select Everyone or a specific character.

Parody is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old January 5th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I think it's more likely that "Enter Player Mode" will have a way for you to select Everyone or a specific character.
Sorry, more likely than what specifically?
weogarth is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 5th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Than choosing to put a Tag on everything. Tags have UI requirements and limitations that the developers may not want to fulfill; they clog up the Tags section of the Transitions Pane, you have to write exceptions for things revealed to the whole party, and other things I'm sure I don't know about their implementation.

The Player mechanisms will have to be updated anyway to support individual reveal; piggybacking on that seems easier to me than adding an entirely new Tag system.

Last edited by Parody; January 5th, 2015 at 10:03 AM.
Parody is offline   #30 Reply With Quote