Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

daddystabz

Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:49 PM
I am getting ready to start a Pirates of the Spanish Main Savage Worlds campaign soon locally and wanted to use Hero Lab for the characters, NPCs, etc. but it doesn't look like a lot of the setting-specific stuff is currently present in the Hero Lab program.

I am noticing that weapons, edges, etc. do not seem to be in the program that are specific to the Pirates of the Spanish Main RPG core setting.

Are you ever going to put in specific things from the various Savage settings out there?
daddystabz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 27th, 2010, 12:20 PM
In order to enter all the data for Savage Settings, we would need to enter into a separate licensing agreement for each setting, as the publishers all differs. For licensed properties, things get even more complicated, since the IP holder must also sign off and get a piece of the pie. All these different companies then have to review and approve anything we produce, which makes the process even more cumbersome. Thus far, we have not pursued the individual settings due the licensing and approvals complexities entailed.

That being said, we've made it pretty darn easy for users to add the material from most Savage Settings and supplements. The material for Deadlands Reloaded was entered by a user and is now being shared by a lots of users. A few other settings are also being worked on by users, so those will hopefully become available reasonably soon. I'm not aware of anyone working on the PotSM setting at this time, but it's quite possible someone is.

If someone is, they may be happy to share their work with you. If not, you might try your hand with the Editor to add some of the content you need yourself. Or you could always team up with someone else here on that task.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
flyingcircus

Old April 10th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I have tried my hand at the editor, and it is just too darn complicated to me, why is there no way to just add content into the edges, skills and equipment areas on the main program? I am not techno savvy and adding via the tabs on the main program would be all I require.
flyingcircus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 12th, 2010, 02:56 PM
The Editor is needed so that all of the mechanics of the things can be properly defined. The raw things need to live in separate data files, which are saved and can then be shared with others. For example, the Deadlands Reloaded files are separate data files that are being shared among lots of users. The tabs in the main program allow the *USE* of the things and save the results into portfolios, which is completely different.

What are you trying to add? What difficulties are you running into? If you outlined the problem instead of simply saying it's too complicated, then perhaps one of us could provide a little guidance to get you over the hump with the Editor. :-)
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote